Thursday, April 1, 2021

Happy Birthday, Doll - Julie Nutting Cassandra Stamp

The meaning of life is to find your gift.  
The purpose of life is to give it away.    William Shakespeare


Julie Nutting Cassandra stamp, Copic markers, Cricut card base, gold leafing pen,
 dp for dress and background, handmade flowers, beaded lace bow, butterfly die,
 beaded swirls, assorted gems, pom pom trim, 

 

Hey there,

Yipeeee!  Covid vaccinations abound and my friends and family are finally able to visit us in our new home.  Next week we will have two families staying just two days apart.  I'll be joyfully anticipating and frantically preparing for their stays.  One of our guests, my darling niece, has a birthday on Monday, so it'll be fun to celebrate and give her this card in person with a big hug.  

I've loved my stash of Julie Nutting paper doll stamps forever and I never grow tired of dressing them up in fancy frocks and creating girly cards.  Have I mentioned I had a class with Julie in person?  Okay, maybe only a dozen times because it was so exciting and I'm in awe of her talent which she so generously shared.  I dressed this cute Cassandra doll in a paper pieced party dress and mounted her on an elegant card base which I elongated  in Cricut Design Space.  I embellished the subtle DP in my background with handmade flowers, a beaded lace bow and a die cut metallic butterfly with added vellum wings. I created even more sparkle by adding gems to my birthday girl's metallic crown and swirly vines for her to dance in.  Every birthday card needs a bit of bling, right?  My stamped birthday message found a perfect place to live amongst all the party hoopla. 

I'm slowly getting on the slimline card bandwagon and this card might qualify because it fits in a regular size 10 envelope.  I'm collecting a few pretty slimline dies, so stay tuned for some proper skinny cards to come.  I think a little change is in order as the pandemic fog lifts! 

Thanks for visiting,
Go forth and get vaccinated and then hug some vaccinated loved ones!
Nancy
Playing along with:

8 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous, beautiful colouring and paper-piecing, lovely shape, design and embellishments. Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin'
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Such a fun shape. I really like all the bling too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the paper piecing and design. So glad you shared over at Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love Julie Nutting images! Your card is wonderful! I love your clever paper piecing and all the fun design you've used. Well done!! I must bring mine out again and try it on a slimline card!! Thanks for sharing your creation over at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your time with your friends in you new home, Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card. Pretty details and sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door this week. Hope you will come back and join us again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card, Nancy! Love all the little details that you have added to complete the whole.
    Enjoy your visitors.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - love the base shape.

    Thanks for joining us at the Creative Moments Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete