Friday, April 16, 2021

You Are So Special - Kit and Clowder Pretty Posies Class

 Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Power Poppy Dancing Dafodils digi stamp, Copic Markers, gold metallic card stock,
white gel pen, Tattered Lace frame dies, card stand die, 

Hey there,

Three years of Kit and Clowder classes are tucked away in binders on my shelf, waiting for me to take the time to follow along with Alyce's expert video instructions. It's a treat to open them and discover my next coloring challenge.  Trouble is, I love coloring images of feminine women so I have lots of practice coloring skin, hair and clothing but not so much anything else. I have challenged myself to take on varied floral images to gain more confidence when they show up as part of my coloring.  

Flowers come in such an array of  gorgeous forms and colors, they are a joy to shade and shape with Copics. I colored the lovely blooms in this Kit and Clowder January 2020 class for a spring card for my friend.   Alyce shows us how to add texture and depth which is useful on any type of floral image. I usually make a card of my finished artwork so I can pass it on to someone I love.  Since my shaped card base doesn't  stand flat for display,  I created a die cut stand in white. I printed the sentiment using the writing feature in Cricut Design Space.

Flowers are such a delight to color and very forgiving with all their uniqueness.  After all, nothing in nature is perfect but  most of it is absolutely stunning. I think I'll set out for a walk and fill my eyes with all the hues and textures of my magnificent southwest landscape.  It's a happy sunshiny spring day out there. 

Thanks for visiting,
Go forth and observe the beauties of nature and then create something fabulous in their image.
Nancy 
Playing along with: 

14 comments:

  1. So pretty, beautiful flowers!

    Thanks for joining in at IkesWorldchallenges
    DT Val x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this coloring is excellent! Well done! You have a new follower, and now I am off to check out your other creations! Thanks for joining us at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such amazing coloring! Your card is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Ike's World Challenges this month! Nan, DT for Ike's World Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Your coloring is amazing and I love your shape for this card! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again soon.
    Tammy DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous Nancy! Amazing colouring!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts! Good luck:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous flower bunch! I love what you have done here and the shaped card is such a special way to set the beautiful image off.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Beautiful flowers. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see your lovely artwork back here soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Nancy! Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Crafty Calendar Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Fabulously coloured image. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card and colouring

    Thank you for joining use at Digi Choosday Challenges

    Happy Crafting
    DT Sam
    Craftychickcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore Power Poppy images and yours is colored so beautifully! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and Best of Luck in the Draw! Donna, DT

    ReplyDelete