Thursday, April 29, 2021

Craftiness is Happiness - Paper Shelter and Cricut


 “The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. 
No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.”      Dieter F Uchdorf


Paper Shelter digi stamp, Cricut Design space and writing feature,
Copic markers, green acrylic dots, gold leafing pen, purple glitter card stock

Hey there, 
I'm certain many of you will enthusiastically agree with the notion that craftiness truly is happiness!  We creative types are so blessed to have found a passion that makes us feel so joyful and fulfilled.  Few things can compare with the exhilaration of creating something unique with our own two little ink stained hands and then displaying it or, better still, gifting it to someone wrapped in love.  It is often said that home is where your heart is.  I'll extend that to say your crafting space is where your creative soul is.
 
THIS  little paper crafting cutie from The Paper Shelter looks blissful surrounded by her tools of the trade.  It was so tempting to use a rainbow of  Copics when coloring this, with all the art paraphernalia surrounding her. With super human restraint,  I managed to keep my main palette to purple, green and blue, reserving the rainbow for her pencils markers and paper.  I created the shaped card base in Cricut Design Space, as well as the sentiment tag.  The focal panel is raised a bit with mounting tape and all the panels are lined with a gold leafing pen. 

Several of my crafty friends would be perfect recipients of this card, but I might just keep it displayed in my craft room to remind me how blessed I am to enjoy the raptures of being an ardent  craftophile.  Oh, wait...I made it myself...I could make more.  The perks of handmade! 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and fill your soul with crafty happiness.  
Nancy
        Playing along with:

12 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I love the colors and your coloring is marvelous! I love to see an image brought to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation!
    Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations Challenge.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Through the Purple Haze.
    Stay safe and well.
    Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Thanks for joining the fun at Crafting Happiness Challenges this week. I hope you'll link up again.
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is incredible! I love the image and the colours are my fave too!
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Keep crafting!
    Lj xx
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know the name of this stamp please? Lj x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to like my card. The digi stamp is called A Paper Craft Fun by The Paper Shelter and the link is in my post. xo

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much - I was searching trying the key words I could think of but hadn't found it. xx

      Delete
    3. You're very welcome. The Paper Shelter stamps are some of my faves! xo

      Delete
  7. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges! Angie-DT/Owner

    http://angiesdigitalstamps.blogspot.com/
    http://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.com/
    https://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com
    http://angiescreationsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautifully designed card with a lovely image and a sentiment we can all relate to. This certainly brought a smile to my face. Thank you for joining the Path of Positivity challenge. We hope you will come back often.
    Carole DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautifully designed card with a lovely image and a sentiment we can all relate to. This certainly brought a smile to my face. Thank you for joining the Path of Positivity challenge. We hope you will come back often.
    Carole DT x

    ReplyDelete