Thursday, July 22, 2021

Honey Bees and Flowers, Please - Gorjuss Girls Bee-Loved Stamp

For so work the honey bees, creatures that by a rule in nature, teach the 
act of order to a peopled kingdom.   William Shakespeare


Hey there,


Some of my favorite stamp images are Gorjuss Girl images from Santoro.  They can be a little hard to find, but I recently purchased this cling stamp on the internet and couldn't wait to color her cuteness and create a card.  She measures about 3" x 6" and fits nicely on a 4" by 8 1/2" tag card base (slimline) that will fit into an A-10 envelope.

The beautiful lacy tag die cuts I used for my background are from Tattered Lace.  I sponged the top panel with pink chalks to add some color and depth.  I dotted my sweet little bee's wings with a white gel pen and her skirt with yellow Nuvo Drops.  The flower on her waist has a little pink gem in the center.  I used the cutting and writing features in Cricut Design Studio to create the tag card base and sentiment.  The back layer looks a little orange in this photo, but it's actually metallic gold card stock. 


These adorable Gorjuss Girls come without faces and I find it fun to add a little personality by creating a face with my Copics.  I think they're super cute either way...I'm just used to coloring facial features so it comes natural to me.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and "bee blessed" on this beautiful summer day.
Nancy
Playing along with:

10 comments:

  1. Love how you added the face to the image, you are so skilled!! A really beautiful creation, thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cure little image and her face looks just perfect, many thanks for joining in with my 'Feminine' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag and so beautifully coloured. The features that you have created for her face are perfect, you are very clever. This is so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Daisy Chains Happy crafting. Michelle - DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nancy, you gave her such a pretty face! It hardly looked like the same stamp. Great job. Love your tag too. I garden ever create tags, not sure what to do with them once I have made one.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! Thanks for sharing your projects at Crafting Happiness Challenges! Hope you'll link up in this week's challenge as well if you haven't already.
    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Beautiful face you created. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this "bug" can't be any cuter, what an adorable image and you colored it perfectly.
    The lacy tag design is simply gorgeous and just perfect to frame your little bee.
    Thank you for playing with SHOPPING OUR STASH.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nancy this is just super.How beautiful. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Annette CT -

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love that you gave her such a detailed face :)
    Thanks for "bugging out" with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Nancy! I love Gorjuss™ Stamps and the Santoro paper stacks that complement them. If I had your boss coloring skills, I would use these awesome stamps all the time. Thanks for sharing this absolutely fabulous project with us at Shopping Our Stash. It is a nice twist on our "Bug" challenge!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, DT
    A Place To Start, Owner
    613 Avenue Create, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    Shopping Our Stash, DT
    The Color of Cards, Owner

    ReplyDelete