Thursday, August 12, 2021

Anniversary Fred and Ginger - Mo Manning Cheek to Cheek Digi

Heaven, I'm in heaven
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak
And I seem to find the happiness I seek
When we're out together, dancing cheek to cheek


Mo Manning digi, Anna Griffin Fantastic Flip card base in Cricut Design Space,
Authentique "Classique: Pretty" dp, acrylic gems, Copic markers, clear glitter pen

Hey there,

It's always a treat browsing the latest fabulous Mo Manning images at  Mo's Digital Pencil. Her characters are always so full of personality and emotion. I was  delighted when I came across this darling couple blissfully tripping the light fantastic and  I knew they were perfect for my anniversary card this year. I gave myself permission to make this card a little girly, even if I'm giving it to my hubby, because it's depicting both of us, so it's gender neutral, right? I colored a loose floral pattern on Ginger's dress to coordinate with Fred's spiffy tux. 



The sentiment is from the fabulous (and Academy Award nominated) song, "Cheek to Cheek," sung by Fred  to Ginger in the vintage movie "Top Hat."  It came with the digital image and I took advantage of some flip card panels  created in Cricut Design Studio  to accommodate a larger size.  


My double sided dp had lots of pretty paper options so I just went wild and used up all the scraps  created from my die cutting.  


I love fancy cards that do tricks like this double flip card because they give me so much awesome real-estate to adorn! 

Thanks for visiting,
Go forth and cut the rug with some "cheeky" dancing.
Nancy

7 comments:

  1. This card is so much fun and your coloring on the focal image is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun image and such a nice shape to your card, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations August challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card,love the image and your colouring. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card, love the image and design.
    Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations,
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun card and indeed super interesting with all the interactive parts to it.
    Happy Anniversary for when it happens.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, brilliant image. Thank you for joining us at the CRAFT challenge this week.

    Debbie
    CRAFT DT
    decraftsblog.wordpress.com {my blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! I not only love the coloring of that awesome image, but the fancy fold design. Wonderful job! Thank you so much for entering our Challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. Good luck!
    Blessings, Jeanie Ellis DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com
    Scrapbookingmamaw MyBlog

    ReplyDelete