Thursday, August 26, 2021

Anna Griffin Balloon Easel Card

 One can never consent to creep when one feels the impulse to soar.    Helen Keller

Anna Griffin Hot Air Balloon dies, dp, handmade paper flowers, gems and pearls,
 Cricut Design Studio cutting and writing features, gold foil card stock

Hey there from Nannyland,

It's always a treat  to carve out some time to create a stash of all-occasion cards for my cherished tribe. Life's celebrations and events are endless and one of the rewards/perils of being a card maker is the fact that my recipients feel neglected if their card from me isn't a handmade original. Hot air balloons have always been universally admired, so I chose this  elegant easel card from Anna Griffin for my assembly-line card-fest. 


These beautifully detailed dies were such a pleasure to work with.  My seldom used Sizzix Bigshot Plus came in handy for cutting the oversized card base. The scoring on the die made it easy to fold and add the balloon-shaped mat layer to create the easel.  I had fun embellishing the detailed top layer with the coordinating intricate die cuts, which I created with gold foil card stock.  Although I was tempted to zhuzh my balloons up with tons of bling, I managed to keep the pearls and gems to the scallops and basket. Oh, and maybe just a few on my flowers and butterflies. (They're a little hard to see here, but they're dazzling in person.) I didn't want fussy embellies to overwhelm the beautiful details of my pretty balloons. 


I created a layered label in Cricut Design Space and used the Cricut writing feature to generate several  sentiments that coordinate with the "flying" theme. It will be a breeze to open my project in Design Space and print out a personalized sentiment to match my occasion when I need it. 



Several blank cards are just waiting to be personalized at a moments notice! 

6 comments:

  1. wow, they are gorgeous! love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous group of shaped cards! Thank you for joining us at Crafter’s Castle! 🏰 Hugs! Mynn xx 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, Those are all so fantastic! I adore shaped easel cards and you've done such a marvelous job on the entire set of them. What a great think to have ready in your stash, awaiting only final personalization. Thanks for playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Pammie's Inky Pinkies this week, and good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great idea and beautiful design!! Glad you joined us at the Dream Factory. Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done, I like the shapes and the gold on it, it pops! Very nice and so happy you played our challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

    Leanne DT/KCC
    Krafty Chicks Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are lovely! Sometimes it is great to just make a batch of same and yet different cards. Very therapeutic.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete