Friday, September 3, 2021

Girl and Constellation - Kit and Clowder May 2021 Markers Class

Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.   Maya Angelou


Girl and Constellation digi from Etsy, Tattered Lace frame dies, celebrate die, Copic markers.
Xpressit paper, assorted gems, white gel pen, white Prismacolor pencil, alcohol and Q-tip

Hey there from Nannyland,

This magical image called Girl and Constellation was the May 2021 markers coloring class from Kit and Clowder.  I typically watch  Alyce's expert coloring video all the way through first, and then color the image without guidance.  I find that following along with the video, with starts and stops, interferes with my mojo and my results usually look pretty contrived.  Going with the flow gives me the opportunity to experiment a little and add some of my own touches.

I always enjoy turning my Kit and Clowder artwork into cards so I can share the results of my efforts with people who will appreciate them.  Adding die cut frames, sentiments and bling makes everything feel polished and complete. 

Add ripped denim and  bokah skies to my coloring repertoire, thanks to Alyce's super fun instructions.  I'm excited to pluck another art class from my accumulated stash and see what new handy skills I can soak up next time. 

11 comments:

  1. Nancy you did such an incredible job with your colouring here, fabulous Kit and Clowder colouring class, Alyce would be very impressed with your work. Well done. Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back again, and again, Nancy I am just so proud of your work with this image. It is a jaw breaker. Love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Annette CT -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! Beautiful coloring and I love the colors in her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful coloring from this class; so perfect on this card! I especially love the added gems and that amazing glow from your moon! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring is beautiful and your card lovely. Sorry it can't be considered as a winner as we have a challenge limit of 4 other challenges besides ours. It is in our rules posted on the blog. Thank you for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely stunning, Nancy! Your colouring is spot on and I especially love the texture you achieved on her jeans. Thank you for sharing your work with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” September Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely stunning, Nancy! Your colouring is spot on and I especially love the texture you achieved on her jeans. Thank you for sharing your work with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” September Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous coloring, Nancy! Love the card layout you have created here too with the beautifully colored image.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful image. Great coloring technique. Well done. Thank you for sharing it with us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...amazing coloring! Thanks for playing with us at Through the Purple Haze Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete