Friday, September 24, 2021

Little Drama Queen - Mo Manning Wednesday's Child Digi

 Monday's child is fair of face. Tuesday's child is full of grace. 
Wednesday's child is full of woe. Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving. Saturday's child works hard for his living.
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.


Mo Manning Wednesday's Child digi, Copic markers, lace frame die, dp, 
Cricut Design Space cutting and writing features, aqua gems, white gel pen. 

Hey there from Nannyland,

This charming digi from Mo's Digital Pencil just cracks me up.  If you've raised daughters like I have, you have seen this scene played out many times, both in earnest and in jest .  This little cutie is called "Wednesday's Child," patterned after the nursery rhyme written in the 1800's to teach children the days of the week (and apparently do a little fortune telling.)   Mo does such a wonderful job of communicating feelings in her characters, probably because she started out as a children's book illustrator. As a teacher, I think that's why I admire her talent so much, as witnessed by the the number of her images that end up on my cards. 

Since my little lady is obviously in her night wear, I created a background with striped "wall paper" and a lacy frame mimicking a girl's frilly bedroom.   I kept the design fairly simple because I wanted my thespian to take center stage.   I added  aqua gems to the white die cut frame and white gel pen dots to her nightgown for texture.  I created a neutral sentiment in Cricut Design Space because I don't know yet who will receive this card, but I can imagine so many melodramatic quotes that would customize this card to the circumstances of my recipient. What do YOU think she's saying? 
                      

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, love your colouring. Thanks for joining 613 Avene Create. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOSH, wonderful colouring on this fabulous dramatic image..lol..she is wonderful..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow... what a pretty little Drama Queen! Amazing colouration of the image and I love the fab frame! WOW!!!

    Thanks for playing along with our stamps & fun = CREATIVITY Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
    *GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card! I loved the colours you used and your colouring is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the colors, dies and the awesome image. Beautiful coloring. So glad you shared over at Colour Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sentiment, great card! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Crafty Challenges, good luck! Dawn DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brilliant card and she is beautifully colored. If she is older than she looks, I would say she is shouting "COOOOOFFFFFEEEE" lol
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is sooooooooo adorable. I love all the little details you have added on here: the beautiful coloring and shading, the texture in the collars/cuffs that look like feathers and the dots on the dress are done to perfection. The lacy frame is fabulous and perfect for this fancy lady. And your caption just brings the whole thing together perfectly. Fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete