Thursday, February 10, 2022

Queen of Hearts - Mayumi Ogihara Digi

 Your crown has been bought and paid for.  Put it on your head and wear it. 
Maya Angelou



Mayumi Ogihara digital image, Copic markers, gold and red glitter card stock, gold gems,
 Cricut cutting and writing features, white gel pen, gold leafing pen, Xpressit blending paper

Hey there from Nannyland, 

I've been so busy with life lately that I haven't had much time to color and create, and I've been  missing my calm relaxing respites.  I finally had a few minutes to breathe and picked up this gorgeous Mayumi Ogihara digi that I've had on my desk for a while in anticipation of Valentines Day.  My Pink Panoply brand has a crown  on it and my craft room is packed with all kinds of regal paraphernalia, so when this lovely lady asked for an audience,  I had to answer her with some coloring time.  I love her pensive expression...she looks like she is surveying her kingdom and thinking how utterly marvelous it is to be Queen (or maybe who might be the next to lose their head).     

 I don't often color greyscale images because I find it hard to color over the shaded areas without the gray showing through and I can't get the contrast I want.  I love using bright colors, but it really isn't possible on the darker areas.  Covering the gray with flesh tones is also a challenge.  But the end product has lots of dimension and realism, so I'm always happy with the result.    

I used deep red Copics for her dress and added definition with a white gel pen and gold gems.  I added a few red highlights with Prisma Colors to her luxurious blond tresses.  The heart frame was cut on my Cricut in gold and red glitter card stock.  I used the Cricut writing feature to print and cut the sentiment.  The main panel and sentiment tag are edged with a gold leafing pen.   The crown is so dark that I couldn't get much definition with the Copics so I used some gems to create the base. It makes me smile a little because it's a bit silly, but she IS the Queen after all.  

In the end, the colors are a little muted for me, but I think this card will be perfect for one of my friends who fancies herself as a princess. 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful colouring and I love all the hearts, gorgeous card..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your coloring is SO beautiful! I really love this and am in awe of your talent. Your friend is going to treasure this card. Thank you so much for taking part in our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So regal! Your colouring is fabulous!
    So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I just love the Maya Angelou.

    Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month, hope to see your lovey artwork here again soon. Have a creative week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and really great colouring! Thanks for joining us at Daisy Chain Challenges.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is absolutly stunning!
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door . Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful card.... thank you for joining us a crafty gals challenge

    ReplyDelete