Thursday, February 3, 2022

Chimney Sweep Scrappy Quilt - Lori Holt Fabric and Accuquilt Go BOB

 
One who sleeps under a quilt is comforted by love. 



Hey there from Nannyland,

The most delightful thing about quilt making for me is sewing up heaps of scrappy goodness,  but my least enjoyable task is tediously (and painfully) cutting tiny shapes with a rotary cutter.  I couldn't live without  my Accuquilt Go Big fabric cutter and dies.  I don't have any affiliation with the company, although I wish I had some stock, because I have umpteen fabulous dies in my hoard.  Card making and quilting dies are my thing!  I used this Block on Board die called Chimney Sweep and Lori Holt fabrics for my quilt blocks here.  Her vintage inspired designs and bright colors are just my style. 


Measuring 54" x 66," a medium lap size, this quilt is not large enough for a bedspread on my Queen guest room bed, but it adds a punch of color folded at the foot of the bed and some extra warmth for my guests if they need it.  I generally use handmade striped binding for my quilts and have them  professionally quilted. I haven't mastered the home quilting thing yet and, so far, it doesn't look too promising. Meh. 



I love gifting my quilts to family and friends because I know they'll enjoy using them  for napping or watching TV...all things cuddly.  It's like giving them a big warm hug that keeps on giving.  I'm sure I'll find the perfect snuggly person for this one. 

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.  
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply

No comments:

Post a Comment