Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Valentine Travel Journal - Graphic 45 Mix Media

 Love is our true destiny.  We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone - 
 we find it with another.  Thomas Merton




Hey there from Nannyland,

Mixed media is one of those artistic expressions I absolutely love but really don't have much of an aptitude  for.  My precise brain just doesn't know how to playfully arrange elements in a loose, relaxed manner, no matter how hard I try.  I think that's the problem...I try too hard!

 

When my friend purged her studio and asked me if I wanted this fabulous Graphic 45 Journal Kit full of  travel ephemera and detailed instructions, I jumped at the chance to be guided through this jungle of lovely vintage embellishments. I completely relished the process, but something got in the way and the project ended up in my "to finish" box, which is usually neglected and sometimes forgotten. 


Then one day when I was working on some vintage tags on a whim, I came across my abandoned journal and knew it would be a perfect Valentine "card" for my hubby.  The travel theme and neutral colors were perfect to display pictures of us in all stages of our marriage, enjoying our many treasured travel adventures.  


It didn't take me long to print enough pictures to fill many of the pages and tags. Each picture brings back sweet memories and reminds me of our rich, vibrant 53+ years together.  There are plenty of spaces waiting for pictures of sagas yet to come.   



The pretty tags are ready to document the details of our adventures, but that is a task for another day.  It will be fun reminiscing with my sweetheart about the specifics of our odysseys together. 


He was so impressed with all the work I'd done and we had fun walking down memory lane, reliving some of the most cherished moments in our marriage.


I did confess to him that I had done most of the hard work on this journal years before. I think it was just waiting for the right moment to shine forth and celebrate our marriage with a panoply of exquisite memories.

I hope you had a fabulous Valentine's Day with the people you adore.

 
Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.  
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply

No comments:

Post a Comment