Monday, April 25, 2022

Paper Shelter Art Nouveau Bloom - You are the Sweetest

 Take more changes.  Dance more dances. 



Hey there from Nannyland, 

The expressive eyes and dainty pose on this adorable Paper Shelter image remind me of the gorgeous prom pictures I've been seeing daily on Facebook. When I saw this angelic face smiling back at me in my digi library,  I knew I had to color her and create a girly spring card for a sweet friend.   

This original digital download features an ornate ring in the background with Art Nouveau-style butterflies and flowers.  I chose to keep my card a little simpler and reserve the prime real estate in the ring to design my sentiment. I love the ability to accomplish this in Cricut Design Space.  I measured the diameter of the circle and created a shape on my Cricut canvas with the exact dimensions.  I used the slice feature to cut out the middle to create a ring.  Using the curve feature with my font, I sized my sentiment to the ring.  I was delighted to see the cut-out ring was a perfect fit behind my image! I edged it with a gold leafing pen and glued my fussy cut image to the center.  The completed panel was bordered with a white Tattered Lace die cut frame and then adhered to a blue 6 x 6 square card base using mounting foam.  


The Paper Shelter always includes pretty coordinating backgrounds with their images but I seldom use them because I like a more layered look. However, I think this one looks beautiful behind the ring just as it is.  I added handmade Heartfelt Creations flowers and a die cut beaded dragonfly for embellishments.


Paper Shelter digi, Heartfelt Creations handmade flowers,
Cricut writing and cutting features, gold leafing pen, white gel pen,
 Tattered Lace frame dies, dragonfly die, mini flower die

Memories of dressing up in a fancy dress for prom always bring a nostalgic smile to my face.  I'm so happy this joyful tradition has endured after all these years and seems to be in full bloom again this spring.  

9 comments:

  1. This is lovely, beautifully coloured! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Country View Crafts and have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such amazing coloring. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Diane CT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project Nancy. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Wendy CT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a smashing project!
    We do love to see all the entries at Classic.
    Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
    We really appreciate you joining in.

    Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little gal is "the sweetest". Beautiful coloring as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete

  7. Such a cute card
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Studios Challenge
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, so perfectly coloured!
    Thanks for joining in with our April Spring challenge over at Country View Challenges.
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with Crafty Friends'spring colours' challenge. Good luck and hope you can join us again next month.
    Crafty Hugs, Diane Louise [Team Leader] xx

    ReplyDelete