Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Power Poppy Dancing With Daffodils - Kit and Clowder January 2020 Monthly Class


Nothing in nature blooms all year.  Be patient with yourself. 



Hey there from Nannyland,

It's been a while since I've had a chance to sit at my desk and color, and it felt exhilarating to take  a breather and create some art.  Few things are more enjoyable to me than getting lost in a sea of bright Copic colors and a stunning new image. 


I seldom color flowers as my focal image but I needed a  card for a dear friend who has recently lost her grown son and I knew this lovely Power Poppy digi would make a beautiful sympathy card.  This image was the subject of the January 2020 Kit and Clowder markers class and I enjoyed following along with Alyce Keegan and watching her create her depth and texture magic. After I finished my coloring,  I carefully die cut the image with a Tattered Lace frame die and adhered it with mounting tape to a black glitter card stock frame in the next size. I chose a lavender panel to compliment my yellow daffodils.  I added a couple of  handmade Heartfelt Creation flowers to the garden for a little pop of texture.   

Copic markers, Tattered Lace frame dies, silver leafing pen, white gel pen,
lavender card stock, Power Poppy Dancing with Daffodils digi

I'm excited to expand my artistic repertoire and include more elements of nature in my coloring.  Learning and practicing new techniques is extremely satisfying and just plain fun. 

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.  
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
Playing along with:

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Your colouring is fabulous and I'm sure your card will mean a lot to your friend.

    Thanks for joining us.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love it. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully coloured - a stunning card that your friend is sure to appreciate.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card and the colouring on those flowers looks wonderful.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday, Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours and beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining in at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW..this is stunning. So beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, love your colouring. Thanks for joining TTCRD challenge. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry CT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete