Thursday, April 7, 2022

Dreaming Tree Birdhouse Treat Box

“A bird does not sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.” -Maya Angelo



Hey there from Nannyland,

Just a quick post today because I have been gleefully hanging out with my daughter who is visiting for a few weeks from her home in Copenhagen!  She took a road trip to California for a few days to see friends and family, so I've had a short break to create this adorable gable birdhouse treat box for my friend's birthday.  He is an amazing artist and can create the most wonderful things with his hands, including unique and beautifully painted wood birdhouses.  We have a cherished one sitting in our courtyard to greet our guests as they come to our front door. Since masculine cards are not my thing, I was happy to find this fun svg in the Dreaming Tree library as a suitable alternative. It still leans a little to the feminine side but I'm sure he won't mind.  Sometimes he paints vines on the sides of his magnificent bird houses, also!


This box was fairly simple to create with just a few pieces cut out on my Cricut and, as always, wonderful YouTube instructions from Dreaming Tree. I colored the leafy vines with Copics and filled in other areas where I wanted to add depth.  I added small neutral colored paper flowers to the vines and popped a few enamel dots on the window for a little detail.  My construction was certainly not perfect, but I think it will be charming smudged with chocolate and leaking a few tasty crumbs.  And I'm excited to have a cute treat box to add to my crafty project arsenal the next time I need a quick little goodie at the last minute.  

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.  
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)

No comments:

Post a Comment