Thursday, May 26, 2022

It's a Beautiful Day in the Tropics - Kit and Clowder April 2020 Copic Marker Class

Be brave enough to be bad at something new. 



Hey there from Nannyland,

Visions of the exquisite beauty of lush tropical seascapes are still swirling in my head after our recent trip to Hawaii  When I found this gorgeous image in the April 2020 Kit and Clowder marker class, I couldn't wait to learn some new techniques.  I'm happy I had Alyce's video instructions to follow because I wouldn't have known what colors to use or how to blend them.  I always enjoy shading the unique colors and textures of flowers so the variety here gave me plenty of opportunity for practice.   I love how Alyce painted a darker butterfly among the pastel blooms.  A lighter one wouldn't have shown up like this unique shaded one. 
 

I've been finding a lot of opportunities to incorporate my Heartfelt Creations flowers in my cards  lately.  I recently posted a  blog here showing how I got carried away and  made about a million of them.  A die cut Spellbinders frame borders my image and the panel is adhered to a lime green card base.  After adding my flowers, I had limited space for a sentiment so I used a small Tim Holtz rub-on for a subtle message.  

Kit and Clowder April 2020 class, Spellbinders frame die, Copic markers,
Healtfelt  Creations handmade flowers, green enamel dots, Tim Hotlz rub-on

I enjoyed taking a break from coloring my usual "lovely lady" images and now I am ready for a new exciting challenge.  For the next couple of months I have the honor to be a Guest Designer for one of my favorite artists, Conie Fong. Her digital images are exquisite and I can't wait to use them to design some beautiful cards.  Please come back and check them out. 

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.  
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
Playing along with:

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Your parrot is colored so beautifully with such vibrant colors. Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create's May, "Anything Goes with a Twist/Mother's Day Slim line Card Challenge".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and fabulous colouring.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully coloured and the frame works really well.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous image and your coloring is superb! Visiting Hawaii is on my bucket list, now to get Hubby excited about it is another thing. Thanks for playing along in our challenge at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. We hope to see more of your lovely designs soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry..I meant to say thanks for playing at Colour Crazy! I was overtaken by your beautiful tropical bird and forgot what team I was commenting for LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Fun Card. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge. Jerlann

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bright and colourful! Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This project is a beautiful explosion of color! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete