Thursday, August 4, 2022

Sending Primrose Hugs - Polkadoodles Darling Buds Digi

 Life is a party, dress like it.
        Audrey Hepburn


Hey there from Nannyland,

It's over 100 degrees in my beautiful desert town today, but I've been happily nestled in my air conditioned studio coloring this elegant lady from the Polkadoodles Darling Buds collection. She is called Primrose  and  is looking very stylish in her lovely cascading formal gown, surrounded by a gorgeous garland of blossoms.  I had fun coloring her dress in a blue and green ombre pattern to show off her striking blue eyes and dazzling bouquet of pink and yellow blooms.  



I often google flowers to get inspiration on how to color them and I discovered that many primroses have bright yellow centers.  I added  mini die cut flowers to the centers of my blooms along with clear gems for a little extra glitz. I didn't want to cover this cute image with a sentiment, so I added a layered die cut to an open spot in the background.  I tried it in gold and then black, but  I chose a subtle blue in the end because it didn't distract from the image. A glittery die cut butterfly was my finishing touch. 

Polkadoodles Primrose digi stamp, Copic markers,
Spellbinders frame die, die cut flowers and butterfly,
clear gems, white gel pen, gold foil cardstock,
pink cardstock,hugs die cut

 
I never get tired of coloring angelic, frilly ladies for my cards. I guess I've always loved all things girly. Bring on the flowers, gems, lace and cascades of wavy hair. My copics are always ready to party.  You know what they say...girls just wanna have fun!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, she is just so beautiful. Wonderful coloring. I loved reading your post about how you completed your card. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Diane CT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, wonderful colouring! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is amazing and love how you colored it and the flowers in particular.
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful card at Polkadoodles.
    Nunzia DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Wendy CT

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice card
    Thank you for joining our challenge
    greetings jolanda bongers
    dt morgan's art worlds

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply gorgeous card! I really love the Darling Buds collection. Thank you for joining us for the Polkadoodles Saturday Crafting Challenge! Hope to see you again soon! Xoxo, Kim DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully coloured, a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "Summertime" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning card. Beautiful image and lovely die-cut frame.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore August Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete