Thursday, August 18, 2022

Z-Fold Anniversary Card - Toucan Do It Better Than One

 Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air. – Ralph Waldo Emerson



Hey there from Nannyland,

After anguishing for many years with "male card dysphoria" (MCD),  I think I have finally found a formula for creating masculine cards that allows me to use my signature vivid colors and flowers, without apology.  The traditional subdued brown, green and navy hues (with mustaches, gears, and tools for embellishments) are so limited and hum drum to me.  Just google "guy cards" and you'll see what I mean.  I'm sorry...I just can't right now!  Beach themed cards are becoming my "go to" because my guy is drawn to all things coastal. Our countless adventurous and romantic trips to the picturesque shores of California, Hawaii, Canada, Europe and even Tahiti make them appropriate for just about any occasion we're celebrating. 


I found this delightful toucan z-fold card in my Lori Whitlock svg library and had fun adding my own touches and a befitting sentiment.  I sometimes procrastinate making masculine cards but this one went super fast and I enjoyed every minute of the creative process.  I used my Cricut Maker to cut the pieces, using white for the smaller ones so I could  color and shade them with Copic markers. It's much easier than using tiny scraps of card stock and it adds lots of wonderful shading and dimension.  I traded the tropical flowers I originally cut for  these handmade ones in  my stash because I thought they added personality and sparkle.  Hey, flowers are for everyone! 


Lori Whitlock svg, Cricut Maker, Copic markers, brown pearl gems, 
Heartfelt Creations stamps, dies, mold; blue heavy card stock, 
kraft card stock, white gel pen

My hubby's birthday is next month and I was able to keep  my head in the game and create another flashy, vibrant card, even without a tropical theme.  I'll be posting it in September and  I think you'll like my impressive use of brilliant colors on yet another guy card.  I'm on a roll! 

10 comments:

  1. A very bright and cheerful card, love the Z-fold shape which gives more space to add elements and details. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card you've made for your husband Nancy - love all the little details you've added (even cocunuts in the palm trees)!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at 613 The Avenue Create and hope to see you soon,
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super colourful Toucan creation, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun and colorful card, beautiful design with this wonderful card fold. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous, colourful card! It makes me smile! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley.

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous, colourful card! It makes me smile! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley.

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering our Challenge "Embellish It" over @ Little Red Wagon with this bright and fun card. Love the colors and the pearls on the palm. Thanks for joining us and we hope to see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent! Thanks for leaving this fun and colorful project on our Front Porch at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  10. So bright and colourful! Please remember to check out the guidelines for how many other challenges you can enter with your card to be eligible for prizes at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete