Saturday, September 24, 2022

Accuquilt Butterfly Quilt - Tula Pink Layer Cake

 In the midst of chaos lies creativity. 



Hey there, from Nannyland,

I've  been dreaming of making a butterfly quilt forever, so when Accuquilt came out with this fun pieced butterfly die, I couldn't wait to grab a Tula Pink layer cake and whip up some bright, fluttery magic.



The pieces were simple and fast to cut with my Accuquilt Go Big, and after I got the hang of piecing the blocks, it was full  speed ahead.  I tried to coordinate the wing sets with at least a couple of matching colors, but it's all pretty scrappy...just the way I like it.



It turned out so pretty, I thought of hanging it on the wall in my hallway, but I decided to fold it at the foot of the bed in my guest room to keep my glistening stained glass butterfly company.



I think my guests will enjoy a nap beneath this happy, colorful quilt. I love the swirly quilt pattern I chose and I think my longarm quilter at my local quilt shop did a beautiful job.



For the purposes of taking a picture, I draped my quilt over an opening in my dining room wall adjacent to my entryway. I actually think it looks fabulous there (who knew?) and am planning to greet my guests with some of my holiday and seasonal quilts in the future. I hesitate to hang larger quilts on the wall because I like  to be able to use them and don't want to add sleeves.  This is the perfect answer!

I have tons of colorful, festive fabric calling to me to assemble them into brilliant patchwork holiday goodness. I'm happy to oblige. I'd better get started...time's a wastin'.

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.  
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply

1 comment: