Thursday, September 8, 2022

Anna Griffin Haunted House Easel Card

August is fine, September's keen, but wake me up when it's Halloween.




Hey there, welcome to Nannyland,

Who can resist a spooky haunted house, with all its creepy, ghostly amusement?  When I saw this fabulous easel card die from Anna Griffin, I knew it was for me.  It comes with the door and window frames, the pumpkin, ghost and bat embellishments.  A craftsy, glittery, rhinestones and glue party just waiting to happen. 


Even though haunted houses are usually dark and foreboding, I wanted mine to have some of my signature bright cheerful colors. I still have the typical orange, purple and black going on here, but my green is more of a chartreuse, which I think creates a more upbeat color palette. I had a blast cutting these dies out and embossing them on my brand new Anna Griffin Empress machine.  It's true... I already have a Gemini, Cricut Maker and Big Shot, but this machine cuts larger size dies and embosses like no other.  I added tiny die cut flowers with rhinestone centers to my mansion's window boxes  to give it a  campy glam vibe 


I love the black kitty on the sentiment  I cut on my Cricut Maker for the stopper to prop up my easel.  (Sniff, I miss my adorable black cat, Tawnzie, who died a couple of years ago.)  I'm very happy with the way this fun easel card turned out.   It took some time, so I won't be sending one to everyone on my "card-worthy" list, but I know my Halloween-obsessed daughter will love it. 

Let the spooky shenanigans begin! 

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
    My Bl og As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love this card! The design and colors are perfect. Thanks so much for joining the fun at Crafting Happiness Challenges this week! I appreciate you sharing your art with us. :) Janis, Founder & Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Spooky Mansion! Love all the details, Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea for a Halloween card! Such great details and fun colors!
    Thanks so much for sharing at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month! Hope to see you back there again soon!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is brilliant Nancy and I bet you had loads of fun making it! Thank you for coming to play with us at Tic Tac Toe this week! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and clever card! So much detail. Thank you for sharing with us at SAS4Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this spooky house card and all the detail you put into it, thank you for joining us over at Paper FunDay,Shandy DT

    ReplyDelete