Thursday, February 2, 2023

Painterly Wishes - Spellbinders Artful Brush Dies

 You can't go back and change the beginning
but you can start where you are and change the ending.
C.S. Lewis


Hey there from Nannyland,

I always love the calm and serenity I experience with Copic coloring, but sometimes manipulating die cuts to create a colorful composition is the best way to bring calm to my unsettled soul.  Systematically arranging, attaching and embellishing are so satisfying and soothing. That was the case when I created these frilly paintbrush cards as I go through  testing and await some concerning medical results for the next couple of weeks. I love retreating into the safety of Nannyland to feel the unencumbered joy of creating and I always find the tranquility I seek here. 


These whimsical paintbrush dies are from Spellbinders and come in sets with large and small sizes and a variety of accessories to decorate them. I die cut the ferrules and handle tips in silver foil card stock and the wood embossed handles in white card stock. I used a fun drippy paint blob to embellish this paint brush, along with Heartfelt Creations handmade flowers, silver and purple punched swirls and leaves, and a silver layered butterfly that came with the set.  



Here I used the same embellishments and added some Copic coloring to the paint bristles

The size of the paint brushes perfectly fit into the stitched frames I used to create my slimline cards. I used Hero Arts stamps and dies to create the sentiments.  The Create Art sentiment was created in Cricut Design Space. 

I hope I have inspired you to assemble some beautiful art with your favorite dies.  Go forth and organized them into a beautiful masterpiece! 

9 comments:

  1. Wow, these are wonderful! I love the paintbrushes and the color schemes.
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Diane CT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all three of them...the flowers, the colors and the bit of metallic! All great. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Awesome creations!! Thanks so much for participating in our CRAFTING HAPPINESS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards. Perfect colors and design.Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Nancy. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Wendy CT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are the most amazing, creative and whimsical cards I've seen - I love them all! So glad you joined our "Love is in the Air" challenge at Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each one of these cards is stunning with a beautiful colour pallette used! Thanks for joining our Polkadoodles challenge - hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how beautiful are these cards! Love the paintbrushes and colors. Thanks for joining us at S+F=C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card
    thank you for participating in our challenge
    until next time
    Greetings Jolanda Bongers
    DT Morgan's art world

    ReplyDelete