Thursday, February 9, 2023

Princess and Frog Z-fold Valentine - Vera Lane Kiss the Frog Digis

The only way to get what you want in this world is through hard work.
Tiana, the Princess and the Frog



Hey there from Nannyland,

I had the best time creating this quirky Valentine card for my wonderful soul mate of 50+ years.  Vera Lane's charmingly whimsical images just crack me up every time I use them.  Since guy cards are often a challenge for me, what with my girlie style and all, these unique images allow me to keep my fussy elements, but in a humorous, lighthearted way.  

I printed my elegant Kiss the Frog digital stamps on Xpressit blending card at 4 x 6 and colored them with Copic makers.  I knew it would be a little tricky to fit these larger images on the same card,  so my favorite Z-fold box card was the answer.  I lengthened the height to 5 inches and cut the base and layering panels out with my Cricut Maker.  I used the Cricut writing feature to create my sentiment. The closed card measures 5 x 7. 



My flowery meadow background scene is digital paper and my blooming tree is from the Cricut image library.  I gave myself permission to glam up my royal couple with all the regalia their status deserves.  I paper pieced my princess dress with a sweet, floral print and added a sparkly gem necklace.  I used colored pencils to create a plaid design for the frog's necktie.  The princess, frog, crowns nnd necktie are all adhered to the card with mounting tape for dimension.  Gems and pearls were added generously to add to the splendor of my majestic scene. 

I think my hubby will get a kick out of this very realistic depiction of our extraordinary relationship. I hope I have inspired you to add a little whimsy to your Valentines this year.  Go forth and create a chuckle for yourself and someone you love.

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit. 
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
Playing along with:

17 comments:

  1. Fantastic fun fancy fold card....these critters are super cute!! Thanks for playing along with our "valentine for a guy" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!
    -Deb Horst, DT #C4G315

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card, your use of different ways to color and add details is amazing! Your hubby will love it, and congrats on 50+ years! Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness, this card is great! It just makes me smile! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your lovely projects soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous and fun Valentines card! Love the design and fold, those quirky stamps are gorgeous and your colouring is fantastic! Thank you for sharing at Fab'n' Funky
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, CUTE!!! Love this.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I forgot why I was here. I was caught up looking at that cute card. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Diane CT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, WOW! This Z fold Valentine's card is adorable! I really love how you colored it - what a labor of true love! I'd love it if you would enter it into the Creative Creases challenge as well. Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie DT
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love youre creation, Thanks for sharing it with us at The Morgan's ArtWorld Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous fun card, would suit lots ov loving relationships. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Make My Monday. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super fun card. This would suit many an unusual loving relationship. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Make My Monday. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on 50+ years! I love stories like that. And such a fabulous card too! So bright and vibrant!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool design and great coloring! Thanks for playing at The Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous card, love the fold using these two adorable images.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is fantastic. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Gail CT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, so beautifully coloured. So happy you played along with us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete