Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Scrappy Jelly Roll Log Cabin Quilt

 Being unique is better than being perfect. 


Hey there from Nannyland,

When I pieced this quilt top last summer, I called it my "Quick Quarantine Quilt," because I was cloistered in Nannyland with a mild case of covid.  I actually felt fine, so I was happy to take on this fun jelly roll log cabin quilt block project that I had been wanting to conquer for a long time. 


You can read on my post how I used several tutorials to narrow my process down and I really love how this quilt turned out.  My plan is to make several more with this delightful and simple pattern, and whittle down my significant jelly roll stash.  

        

I still can't believe how much I love the colors in this quilt, since this was my least favorite jelly roll in my stash when I picked it for my first attempt at this pattern.  It had much more subdued hues than my usual bright palette and I thought it might turn out blah.  I learned something from this exercise...I shouldn't limit myself to my "go to" palette all the time.  Branching out and experimenting with color is very satisfying.  



I took my quilt top to my favorite LQS for some beautiful quilting in a lovely swirly pattern. I'm having things quilted a little denser these days, as is the trend now, but I still like to keep my quilts soft and cuddly for my recipients.  


This quilt lives on the ottoman at the end of my bed in my master bedroom for now.  I'm planning to make the Accuquilt Go Quilt-a-long House bed runner when I get a chance and this quilt will find a new home.  It's funny, but I can't bear to give it away yet.  I just really love those colors!

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit. 
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)

No comments:

Post a Comment