Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Maida Podmajersky Snow Baby

There is no need to rush. What is meant for you will always arrive on time. 


Hey there from Nannyland,

I colored this darling little snow baby back in January and the thought occurred to me that I might not want to post something so wintery in the beginning of spring, after our long cold winter.  How wrong I was!  Even though we very rarely get skiffs of snow here in my sunny desert home, last week for a couple of days we had snow that stayed on the roofs, scrubs and ground for more than half a day. I know, bizarre. So I'm thinking, since it's even snowy in my old home at the beach in California,  you might be getting some extra use out of your snow blower in your neck of the woods. 

This adorable  light grayscale digital image from Maida Podmajersky was a joy to color in shades of aqua, lavender and orange. I don't use a lot of orange in my coloring, but I really like this pretty combination.  The frame is one of my favorite Spellbinders dies because of its large opening and the delicate lacy design.  I embellished it with handmade Heartfelt Creations flowers and silver metallic die cut leaves. The sentiment tag was created in Cricut Design Space with the writing and cutting feature and embellished with orange gems. I used a white gel pen to add detail to the image.

I hope I have inspired you to expand your usual color palette and seek out some new, fresh colors to add new life to your amazing creations. 


10 comments:

  1. I am in love! She is just adorable and you have coloured her so nicely. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning image, she is really pretty and you've coloured her beautifully. And I also like the die cut frame.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Love the coloring and the design of your card. Thanks for sharing it at Polkadoodles.
    Nunzia DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely image she looks just like our great niece, beautifully coloured, we are forecasted to have snow this next week, spring is coming and the flowers are starting to flower
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, this is absolutely stunning! Your coloring is always perfection and this image really provides the opportunity for you to "strut your stuff!" The image is awesome. I can see why you had such joy working with it!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at A Place to Start! Congratulations, You are the Winner "Playing The Twist!" What a wonderful use of the palettes! Please contact me at cmalkah613@gmail.com

    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    A Place to Start Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful make Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan’s artworld. Hugs Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful baby and you have brought her to life. Amazing coloring! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Pam CT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at World Wide Crafters and Colourists Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation Nancy! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Judy CT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz. Janet DT

    ReplyDelete