Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Mo Manning Alisa Sassy Lassie - Trading Roses For Shamrocks

 May you always have walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire,
laughter to cheer you, those you love near you, and all your heart might desire.
Irish Blessing



Hey there from Nannyland,

This darling Mo Manning digi called Alisa With Roses has been calling to me to bring her to life with a wash of Copics for ages. She is one of the first digi stamps I bought from Mo's Digital Pencil.   "Where are her roses?" you might ask. In Mo's original drawing, Alisa looks like a dainty flower girl at a spring wedding, with a wreath of roses in here hair and a basket of roses behind her.  But it's almost St. Patricks Day and I needed a fun birthday card for my friend's March birthday.  Alisa's billowing dress just begged to be embellished with some tiny shamrocks and her thick hair looks copper red in my imagination, like locks on a proper Irish miss.  So I went there, and I'm so happy I did. I adore Mo's original version of this image, but making her my own was a fun creative challenge.

I loosely drew the shamrocks on her frock with a green Copic marker and then added the shamrock outline with a fine black liner  I added subtle sparkle with a clear glitter marker.  I created my shaped card with a Heartfelt Creations frame and used the lacy layers to build my card base. I die cut the scalloped green and white dotted dp circle three times for dimension and adhered Alisa with dimentional tape.  The green glitter shamrocks on the frame and the sentiment tag were cut in Cricut Design Space and edged with a gold leafing pen. Clear gems and pearls garnish their centers. The gold flowers on the frame and mini flowers in her hair are die cuts embellished with clear and pearl gems.  I originally planned to add die cut flowers behind her, but I decided the card was fancy enough without them. 

I hope I have encouraged you to look at your images in a new way,  and make changes that make them uniquely yours. 

15 comments:

  1. So, so sweet! Beautiful coloring & design Pinky! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG which is all about butterflies, birds & blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow i adore this and thanks for joining our spring colours at PFM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colouring of that sweet Mo Manning image, Nancy and I love the way you adapted her for a St Patrick's Day birthday. The delicate die cut frame and pretty card shape compliment her perfectly too!
    Thanks for joining us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colouring and a very pretty card, love the added shamrocks on her dress

    Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Nancy. The image is so sweet and you did a great job on changing her to suit your needs. Fab colouring and love the shaped card too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her wonderful red hair and have you drew shamrocks on her dress. Such a pretty card shape for your design too. Thanks for joining our challenge at Try it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creation Nancy! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Sherry CT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING!! Love everything about this, especially how you added the shamrocks to her dress. Could you tell us how old your stamp is? Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire Retro Rubber DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to my files, I have had this stamp for at least six years.

      Delete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    Janis, Owner & Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful image, coloring and finished product. Love Mo's images. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Pam CT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, your card design skills are amazing. Love how you have created this image to be your own. Really nicely done!!! Thank you for linking up with us over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenge. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana Forrest

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Worldwide Crafters and Colourists. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete