Thursday, April 6, 2023

Birthday Sundae Cascade Card - Cricut Crazy Cool Cards SVG



Hey there from Nannyland,

I was stunned and horrified when my dear friend informed me over lunch last week that her husband's birthday was coming up in a couple of days.  We usually host a little birthday dinner for him, even though he insists he doesn't like attention on his birthday.  Yikes!  A guy card and dinner with little notice!!!  Cricut Design Space to the rescue.  

The birthday boy loves treats, especially ice cream.  I was delighted to find this fun sundae cascade card in the Crazy Cool Cards image set (#M40EFC1).  A YouTube video reminded me how to assemble a cascade card and I was off to the races.  I changed the pink ice cream to a light brown chocolate to keep it less girly, but I couldn't resist adding Nuvo drops and glitter for sparkle.  I created the sentiment tag with the Cricut basic shapes and writing features. 

I love how this "quicky" card turned out. A yummy breakfast at our favorite restaurant, a box of cookies and a promise of a birthday dinner at our house very soon saved the day. My friend is an amazing artist and, in the past, I would have been extremely intimidated to present him with a less than perfect handmade card.  But I have found that makers of every kind and level appreciate the time and effort that goes into creating something unique and personal.  When I presented the card to him, he studied all the little details and the fancy card base and appeared to be appropriately impressed.  He even came up with a cute idea to create a birdhouse using the same design.  

I hope I have inspired you to explore the Cricut library and see all the amazing card svgs available, just in case you end up creating a fast card on the fly like I did. It happens.

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit. 
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply
Playing along with:


10 comments:

  1. Nancy, this is delicious! I enjoyed reading your birthday story too. Thanks for playing at the Creative Creases Challenge #54.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you made this yummy card with no notice?! He will never know because it looks like you had hours of craft time to make it. Love the fun shape! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is your card? Love your colours and the layers of that sundae. Thanks for jining us at AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card. Thanks for sharing at The male Room. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute project. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! What a fun and delicious card! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday, hope you'll join us again. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful masculine card. Thanks for sharing at The Male Room

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun and yummy card! Love the design and all the different layers! Thanks so much for joining the AAA Birthday Challenge and hope you will join one of the upcoming challenges too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic card :-))
    Thank you for joining us at The Male Room ❤️

    ReplyDelete