Thursday, June 15, 2023

Creating Energy and Card Embellishments With Altenew 3D Rose Flower Dies

 Add a little confetti to each day. 




Hey there from Nannyland,


Okay, I was expecting this, so it's no shock that my radiation therapy is kicking my butt.  I hate to whine, but there it is. Profound fatigue is what they call it.  Whatever.  Only three more treatments and I'll have my crafty, delightful life back. The last time I went through this I was almost 20 years younger but I remember a real push afterward to get my strength and energy back.  I started eating healthier and exercising more, all with a cheery "can-do" attitude.  That sounds horrific right now, so I'm eating In-and-Out with a side of Necco's and watching hours of When Calls the Heart on Hallmark.  But next week, after my last treatment, I'm going to get my poor tired tush in gear and get my life back.   


In the meantime, I've been choosing some activities that are fun but don't need brainpower or energy.  It's always fun to make pretty embellishments en masse ahead of time and have them at the ready to adorn a new project.  Years ago a dear friend brought a bunch of craft supplies she no longer needed to our Copic coloring group and I scored this beautiful set of Altenew 3-D Rose Dies. I finally found the time to sit down and use them and I love the way they turned out.   I used them for THIS card.  


They have multiple small layers and are the perfect size for card embellishments.  



I had several pads of Michaels color coordinated paper packs, so die cutting the layers and assembling them was a no-brainer.  I saved the paper to cut even smaller embellies but that's just because I was too tired to throw them away.  😩 So now I have some fun new blooms to use on my cards!  Creating is always good for a little burst of cheer and energy when you need it. Just add a bag of M&M's and it's a party. 

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit. 
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)

No comments:

Post a Comment