Thursday, June 22, 2023

Make Today Magical - Ching-Chow Kuik Peony Dawn Digi

 The day I decided that my life was magical, there was suddenly magic all around me. 


Hey there from Nannyland,

In a life brimming with magical days, I will count today as one of the best.  I'm feeling overwhelmed with gratitude and love for my Heavenly Father and all my family and friends who encouraged and supported me through my radiation treatments the past few weeks. I'm finally finished and today is full sunshine and creative possibilities.  I'm glad to see my mojo is returning and my days in Nannyland are getting longer and more productive.  I have some really delightful projects planned, both in cardmaking and quilting. 

I loved coloring THIS stunning fairy image called Peony Dawn with bright, vivid Copics. The artist is Ching-Chou Kuik and you can find her gorgeous images in her Etsy store.  The original image has a moon behind her, but I replaced it with a circle shape I cut from dp water color paper in  Cricut Design Space so I could add a curved sentiment with the writing feature. 

I've been experimenting with some of my umpteen flower dies lately and reached for this very old but still lovely set to create flowers to embellish my pretty fairy image.  I die cut the flowers in white glitter card stock and adhered them to Ombre db base layers.  The filler flowers are from Spellbinders.  I edged the moon and the front card panel with a gold leafing pen and added assorted gems to the flower centers for dimension and sparkle. I used a white gel pen for small details to her wings and dress. 

Wishing you a magical day like mine, filled with soothing creative pursuits. 

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coloring - as always. Love you, gal. Glad you last day of radiation is now over. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nicely done with this beautiful image and loving the flowers!
    Thanks so much for joining in with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning creation and coloured to perfection, thanks so much for joining us again at Allsorts challenge. Stay posivie.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous image beautifully coloured and a lovely layout too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colouring on this stunning card. Thank for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete