Friday, September 8, 2023

Polkadoodles Darling Buds Crocus Digi- A Beautiful Day for a Slimline

 Fill your life with adventures, not things.  Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.

 


Hey there from Nannyland, 


I really enjoy using slimline card bases because they offer a wonderful alternative to my usual 5 x 7 cards and afford lots of opportunity for creative design. Most of my favorite die sources have beautiful slimline options and I love collecting them to add to my stash/hoard.  

This pretty Polka Doodles lady is from their Darling Buds collection.  She is called Crocus and I found the digital download in their shop HERE.  After coloring her with Copic markers, I couldn't resist adding small flower dies from my Spellbinders collection to add texture and color to her basket and headdress.  I fussy cut her and adhered her to a slimline background panel which I edged with a gold leafing pen. This layer was attached to the back panel with mounting tape. I die cut and layered four scalloped outer frames for dimension.  My rub on sentiment is framed with a gem-studded hexagon.     

I hope I have inspired you to branch out with your card designs and include a slimline as a delightful option.

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful way to use our TTT Board! Great colors/coloring and lovely embellishments adding the gorgeous dimension! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love how you used the image and added dimension with the flowers. Thank y you for joining the Polkadoodles challenge this week! Good luck with your entry.

    Crafty hugs, Renske Polkadoodles DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Thanks for joining us as The Crafter's Café this month for our Colours of the Garden challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so amazing, love your additional flowers you put on this girl! Thanks for sharing at DigiChoosday! Christin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card. Thank you for joining us at A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge! All the best.
    -- DT Gina Ang --
    A Perfect Time To Craft Open Challenge - September 2023

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable and I love the colors and of course the coloring. So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Arlene CT

    ReplyDelete