Friday, September 1, 2023

Spellbinders June Large Die of the Month - Whale Hello There


Advice from a whale: make a splash; move with grace and beauty; 
keep a song in your heart; remember to come up for air; no blubbering. 




Hey there from Nannyland,


Creating cards with die cuts...it's right up there with Copic coloring for me. It satisfies my love for detail and dimension.  I seriously have about a million dies that I've collected over the years and I've taken great pains to organize them, but I definitely don't use them enough. Spellbinders, Anna Griffin, Tattered Lace, Tim Holtz, Heartfelt Creations, Crafters Companion, Elizabeth Crafts...I think I have every single one ever made!  Their intricacy and artistic design have evolved dramatically over the 20+ years since I sent my first simple shape die through my original Sizzix Big Red machine.  Lately I've been opening my mail box with delight to find my Spellbinders Large Die of the Month subscription waiting inside. I buy a lot of my own Christmas gifts, so why not bring some of that same joy and excitement to my door throughout the year. 

The June Large Die of the Month set is called Whale in a Bottle and includes 20 dies for creating an ocean scene in a bottle with a fabulous detailed 3D whale, along with ocean foliage, cork, waves, and a tag for the included sentiment.  The large outline die is perfect for an A2 bottle shaped card, but I chose to create a 5 x 7 card so I could use some gorgeous nautical paper that I've had tucked away for a project such as this.  I went with the color scheme of my dp, which was aqua, pink, and silver and added a navy whale for contrast. I embellished with a few gems and pearls, a small acrylic sea shell and a sentiment I created in Cricut Design Space.

My husbands birthday is coming up.  Too pink and girly?  Dang. 

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks amazing with all these die cuts - SMALL and LARGE. Thanks for joining us @ Little Red Wagon this week and i hope to see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! I LOVE your color combo! And that whale is fabulous! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card!! Love all the detail!
    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz
    Debbie - C4G DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW what a fabulous underwater scene! GREAT job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Owner
    Sisterhood of Crafters
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful creation Nancy. So colourful and such a fun layout. Thanks for sharing at Sisterhood of Crafters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky are you to have this amazing die set, And I love what you have made using it. Thanks for joining our challenge at Try it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this large die set! It's on my wishlist for sure. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up "Under the Sea" challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete