Thursday, October 12, 2023

Don't Let the Door Hit You - Mo Manning Chubby Witch

If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough. 



Hey there from Nannyland,


There's been a lot going on here in Nannyland lately, most of it an enjoyable bustle.  My daughter will be leaving tomorrow after a wonderful visit with us from Copenhagen and then my hubby and I will be packing to fly to Maui for a week with our favorite travel friends. We plan to do some service for the survivors of the recent tragic fire that destroyed our favorite destination, Lahaina  I'm excited to have all the  distraction and excitement, now that my recent breast cancer challenge is ebbing.  I'm feeling great and it's time to embrace my usual  energetic zest for life. 

This digi image by Mo Manning called Chubby Witch is originally a little cranky looking but once I gave her a Copic makeover,  she began to perk up and look quite lovely in her fancy gown.  I like to feel pulled together myself, and I knew she would probably appreciate a little touch up, also.  I thought she was a little small for a 5 x 7 card and decided maybe I wouldn't have time to create a card with her, but when I saw this digi scene in my library, I knew she would look cute lurking around her haunted castle stairs. Then I saw this hilarious sentiment and it all came together in minutes.  The card measures 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 square, just enough room for my magical sorcerous to move between the candles and stairs, in case she has an uninvited visitor. After coloring her with Copics, I embellished her dress with Spellbinders mini flowers, Stickles, an acrylic glitter heart, assorted gems and white gel pen accents.    I just couldn't stop decking her out, but in the end I think she liked it, judging by the satisfied expression on her face.  I sometimes increase the size of the features on Mo's drawings to show their personality, as I did here. 

My doors will be closing and opening for friends and family in a welcome, peaceful way this Halloween.  But I don't mind a good natured ghost or two, as long as they mind their manners. 

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat, IIonka
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic sentiment to go with this belle. She's ready for Halloween, for sure.So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Arlene CT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. Your beautiful colouring made her come to life and I love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Chubby Witch and your sentiment definitely gave me a chuckle this morning. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Pam CT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring on this fabulous creation Nancy! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Judy CT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super cute card and love the sentiment! Thanks for joining in with our October challenge at Crafty Calendar Challenge - Sarah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling card and love the sentiment. So colorful and fun . Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Gals Corner

    ReplyDelete