Sunday, October 1, 2023

Hey, Boo - Mo Manning Teen Witch Digi

  •        Everything in your world quiets, and peace finds you when you love what you do.                                                                                                                   
  • Hey there from Nannyland,


    To say it's been a bit chaotic in Nannyland for the last couple of weeks would be an understatement.  Lately, I've been trying to figure out how to balance all my crafty pursuits and prioritize the things I love most. I guess the Universe, in it's ultimate wisdom,  decided to give me a little shove.  So, I'll just blurt it out...I took my computer to the Best Buy Geek Squad for a minor fix and they lost ALL of my data files.  I KNOW!!!! TRAGIC!!!! So I've been in denial for two weeks and have had minimal interaction with my computer. I know it's not her fault, but we just need some time away from each other. Thank heavens my photos were backed up, and all the things I purchase like digi stamps and paper, patterns, classes, etc.  The irony is, I could have gone to the source of my purchases and downloaded them again.  It's all my documents and pictures of my creative works that are gone forever. I'm so thankful I have posted the pictures on social media and my blog so I can redo those files.  But I lost all my edited Adobe files and the watermark it took me so long to create...meh. And I weep for the loss of all my quilt designs in EQ8. 

    So here's the thing, though. I'm not sure why, but after I cried for a few hours (or days) I felt weirdly relieved.  It felt like a huge burden had been lifted off my shoulders.  It's like going through those boxes of "important" stuff in your garage that you continuously shuffle around.  When you have that garage sale and take boxes to Good Will,  you feel lighter and you hardly remember what you gave away.  Yes,  I am missing some irreplaceable data, but it's not the end of the world and I can still function as a contributing human being in society.  The best perk is that I have been quilting without guilt for a couple of weeks while I avoid my computer servitude.  It feels right!  I'm going to do much more quilting and less paper crafting for a while to get a little balance.  Sewing is so relaxing and it makes me happy.  Copic coloring also soothes my soul, but I can color in journals instead of  making so many elaborate cards.  I love working with die cuts, so I can make some simpler cards that are just as special.

    With all the commotion,  I still have a Halloween card offering for this week, colored before my computer fiasco, with a darling witch digi from the talented hands of  Mo Manning.  She is called Teen Witch and can be found in Mo's Digital Pencil here.  I now have two quilts waiting to be quilted by my longarm quilter which I should be able to post soon.  I'm loving the feeling of balance coming back into my life.  I've just conquered cancer...I can take a few punches from those little Geek Squad nerds. But they'd better be on guard.   I'll call their moms and get them grounded.

    I will be visiting Maui in a few weeks and I'm planning to find a way to do service for those beautiful people who have lost everything.  I'm heartbroken that the gorgeous city of Lahaina, where I have spent many halcyon days,  no longer exists.  I am praying for those poor grief stricken people who wish all they had lost were computer files. It's all about perspective and balance.  I'm working on both.  Maybe you're due for a little tune-up, too?

    9 comments:

    1. Fabulous card I love Mo's digital images! thanks for joining us at 613 Ave Create x

      ReplyDelete
    2. Wow, what a beautiful card, so creative!!
      Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
      Diane FS Co-Owner
      {Nellies Nest}
      {Four Seasons}

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hi Nancy: What a cute Halloween card and a great image. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons. We're always delighted to have you play along with us.

      ReplyDelete
    4. P.S. For another FUN challenge, come play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We have awesome sponsors/prizes and always Anything Goes/Family Friendly challenges. I hope you will stop by to share with us. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    5. Cool card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

      ReplyDelete
    6. So beautiful. Love it.
      Thank you for taking part in the Mirtillamente challenge!
      Good luck and I hope to see you again.
      Alena DT Mirtillamente

      ReplyDelete
    7. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
      ~ Sherry CT/Admin/Coordinator xx

      ReplyDelete
    8. This is absolutely brilliant! I love Mo's digis and your coloring is stunning!

      Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
      ~ DT Dagmara

      ReplyDelete