Friday, October 6, 2023

The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot - Molly Harrison Witch

"As women, we have superpowers. We are sisters. We are healers. We are mothers. We are goddess warriors."  -Merle Dandridge.


Hey there from Nannyland,


I bought this fantastic sentiment stamp many years ago at one of my first stamp conventions, thinking it was begging for a magical image to bring it to life. I found a stamp of a fancy fairy with a wand and a long flowy dress, flying amidst a flurry of stars, and my first fantasy card was born.  It certainly wasn't the last!  I had no idea at the time that it would foretell the type of stamping and coloring I would eventually come to love. Who knew glamorous ladies of all ilks, especially fairies and witches,  would become my great obsession.  This beautiful mystical creature is a Molly Harrison digi stamp that I found in my abundant Molly  library, but I'm sorry to say I'm not sure where I got it. It may have been a free stamp.  Here is a link to Molly Harrison Art where you can find tons of images in all their incredible majesty. Her artwork completely draws me in with it's beautiful detail and captivating charm. I have many of her greyscale and line images and I like both, but I think I prefer the line images for coloring.  I love adding dimension and movement with shading and detailing without having to allow for the grey shading already on the image. 

I chose a white lacy oval frame for my image to make the beautiful colors pop on my bright green card base.  After fussy cutting my Copic colored image, I adhered her to a gold edged water color digi background and then adhered the oval to my frame with mounting tape.   I used a white gel pen for details and added a lavender beaded embellishment to her hat.  I was excited to add my fancy stamped sentiment with its pretty font to enhance the mystical mood of my card.  

What's more beautiful than a gorgeous fanciful enchantress to remind us that we are all Goddess's and are capable of creating our own "magic?" I hope you have an opportunity to conjure up a happy spell or two as you craft through this bewitching season. 
  

8 comments:

  1. WOW!! A magnificent color! Compliments!!!!! 🤩
    Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !
    Hugz, Bettascrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly Harrison is a new to me designer, I'll have to check out her artwork. Your card is so pretty and your coloring of her is superb. Thanks for supporting The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colouring of this lovely image. A very beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers! Such a pretty image and your coloring is absolutely fabulous, so very beautiful! So glad you joined us at Get Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Sherry CT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Classic Design Challenge Janet DT.

    ReplyDelete