Friday, August 16, 2024

Flamingo Anniversary - Spellbinders Grand Tropical Flamingos Large Die of the Month

 A happy heart is like good medicine, but a broken spirit drains your strength. 
Proverbs 17:22 



Hey there from Nannyland,


On August 15 my husband and I celebrated 56 years of wedded bliss.  Don't do the math please, but in our defense, we were very young when we got married.  This year I knew I was going to use these darling Spellbinders flamingos and was so excited to start my fun creation.  Then, as often happens in the aging season of life, I had an emergency visit to the hospital for blood clots (eek) and several stressful medical encounters thereafter related to my breast cancer saga.  I really just wanted to hide under some big pink flamingo feathers and hibernate.  But that's no way to go about life when challenges threaten to take you down.  So, as usual,  I secluded myself in Nannyland and went to work trying to design a card with my limited mojo.

One step at a time, my card came together and I ended up with something that expresses my love for my extremely supportive hubby who bears all my burdens with me with calm patience and optimism.  I cut my flamingos and leaves out of white card stock and shaded them with Copic markers.  The detailed layers on Spellbinders dies make it simple to create stunning dimension without much thought.  I wasn't sure if my Anna Griffin background die was too busy, but I actually like the lattice screen look it gives my card.  I couldn't help zhuzhing up my cute flamingo couple with the crown that comes in the die set and some small flowers from other sets.  I was actually a little shocked that my card came together so easily with stress zapping my energy, but I really like the results and so did my hubby.  

I'm an advocate for the healing powers of creativity.  The blissfully calm hours I've spent creating during some of life's most difficult times have proven to be life savers for me throughout my whole life and especially during my 19-year breast cancer saga.  Thanks to many blessings from a loving God, I'm still here, still creating, and still loving it.

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both! Your card turned out wonderfully, I love the details your added, especially the shading on those flamingos. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We hope you'll share more lovely cards soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary. A stunning card to commemerate the special day. I love the design, the addition of the leaves and flower, plus the flamingoes are beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Love the layout. The coloring and just a darling card. Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Galz and Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! And happy anniversary - impressive achievement!
    Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Nancy both on your annivesary and on creating this wonderful card. I love how you shaded the flamingoes - it really adds some depth and the little crown is adorable.
    I hope you are feeling better by now and if you can create this beauty whilst your mojo is MIA, you are awesome!.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in my ONCE UPON A TIME challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete