Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Class-y Tuesday - Sandy Brien Asian Blues


I had a delightful time creating these cards in a class taught by one of my favorite teachers, Sandy Brien. She is a brilliant artist and I love everything she does, but she has a special flair for Asian designs.


I stamped all of the images with Blue Print Sketch distress ink and blended color from the stamped lines with a damp brush.  I used Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot inks for shading.  Sandy's samples looked like actual water coloring and although I definitely need some practice, I really like the result I got from this technique.


I lightly misted the inked bird stamp before I stamped it on water color paper and then blended with a paint brush.  I like the soft water color effect it creates.


The dancing crane is gold heat embossed on navy paper and then colored with colored pencils. A few flowers and stamps for embellishments and I came away with some beautiful cards and fun new skills to practice.  I'll bet you have some stamps in your stash that would work beautifully with this technique. Time to go on a treasure hunt! 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and be fabulous.
Nancy 


No comments:

Post a Comment