Thursday, August 23, 2018

Hello Birthday Bouquet - Spellbinders and Elizabeth Crafts

👉  "If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need".   Marcus Tullius Cicero


Hi everyone,

This gorgeous square Spellbinders  frame die seems to be a fave of mine because I keep using it over and over without  realizing it.  I'm thinking some emergency  shopping for fancy square dies  is in order.  Gonna get right on that! Squares seem to be the perfect shape for many of my card creations and I can't get the clean intricate cuts on my Cricut that I'm able to achieve with dies.  Even though this is a birthday card, I thought the hello die cut fit perfectly on the front of my card. What's more happily universal than Hello?  I can add any sentiment I want to the inside of my card to fit my occasion. 

I cut my pretty Elizabeth Craft vase die and Spellbinder frame from glossy gold card stock. It's my favorite for making every card look elegant.   The Elizabeth Craft flower dies were cut from  iridescent mylar paper and I added her peel off stickers to the centers to fit with  my gold theme.  To balance my design, I added a Martha Stewart punched glitter butterfly embellished with more peel off stickers and then an opposing die cut greeting.  This card is fairly flat compared to most of my cards and can go through the mail easily, although I always have to use "nonmachinable" postage, especially with odd shapes.  I don't mind because our cards deserve a little TLC after the time we put into them, don't they?


Greeting dies are my favorite way of adding sentiments to my cards. They add a little dimension and you can find them in all shapes and sizes.  This Happy Birthday to You is one of my favorites.  It's elegant enough to dress up the inside of my card while keeping it clean and simple. It leaves me plenty of room to write a heartfelt message. 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:



12 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL bouquet! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Bloomin’ Flowers’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the gold makes your flowers pop! This is a wonderful card. Thank you for joining us and good luck!
    Hugs, Joy
    craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, such a gorgeous creation. That bouquet is absolutely fantastic and gold frame make it shine. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bouquet. Love your brilliant card
    Thank you so much for joining us at Retarte of Stampartpapel. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Maria Pilar DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. These flowers are so stunning - love the gold framing too! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card love those flowers Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/


    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the colors in your wonderful bouquet. Great card. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous!! The flowers look so amazing!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Retarte of Stampartpapel. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Norma DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the flowers!!!Precious card.Many thanks for joining us in Retarte

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous vase of flowers! Love the dimension you gave it.Thanks for sharing it with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge & we hope to see more of your beautiful creations again! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete