Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Daughters of Utah Pioneers - Gold Panners Camp Invitations

👉  We should, like our pioneer ancestors, push our handcarts forward with the same fortitude they did.    - Dallin H. Oaks


Hey everyone, 

I love being a  member of Daughters of Utah Pioneers in Northern California because LDS history is so rich here.  Members of the Mormon battalion were instrumental in starting many of the first settlements in California and in fact, six battalion members were present at Sutter's Mill when the initial discovery of gold was made.   Our monthly Camp meetings are a chance for us to share histories of our pioneer ancestors and learn more about our  heritage  And best of all, anyone who is interested in pioneer history is welcome to come to our meetings so we've made some wonderful friends. This year I'm the First Vice Captain of our camp and, of course, I'm always in charge of all things crafty,  no matter what my position.  No complaints here. My first assignment for the 2018-2019 year, which starts in September, was to make a special invitation to our meeting. (We usually use email.)



More and more I'm finding  Cricut Design Space is my BFF. I found this darling handcart image in Design Space on the Heritage cartridge, along with many other vintage images I could have chosen.  I also found the mountains, grassy mound and sun image in the design library  It was a cinch to create a cute little mountain scene for my handcart and size it  perfectly for my A2 card.   I was surprised at how quickly my 26 invitations came together. I think they'll rise to the top of  piles of  junk mail to compete for attention.  After all,  happy snail mail with a hand-licked postage stamp is such  a rare treat these days. To make an invitation is human, to receive an invitation is divine.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment