Friday, August 31, 2018

Mo Manning Anne of Green Gables - Copics and Cricut


👉  “Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It’s splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.”  Anne Shirley



Hello everyone, 

Have you ever dreamed of visiting the exquisitely idyllic setting of Green Gables in Canada where the vivacious redheaded orphan Anne lived. Recently I was privileged to do just that for what I now lovingly call my 50th 'Anne'-iversary celebration.  I have loved reading about the Lake of Shining Waters, Lovers Lane and the Haunted Forest from the moment I read the first book in Lucy Maud Montgomery's delightful Anne series. I've read the books umpteen times over the years and practically memorized the movies.  Before our recent trip to the Canadian Maritimes,  I listened to the books on Audible in my car once again and enjoyed them as much as ever  So it's little wonder I had whipped myself into a frenzy by the time we arrived at Prince Edward Island,  the amazingly beautiful scene of the fictional Avonlea where Anne grew into a lovely young woman.  It took three plane rides in one day to get to the Maritime Provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI from California but it was well worth the trouble 😏.

The Anne of Green Gables Museum is located on the farm of Lucy Maud Montgomery's cherished aunt where she spent many hours penning her delightful prose. Her ancestors still live there and have preserved many lovely antiques and artifacts from Lucy's life.  She patterned Green Gables after this gorgeous, pristine setting where the Lake of Shining Waters sits serenely in the background and stunning tree line paths lead the way to Anne's neighbors' homes.  Prince Edward Island is even more amazingly splendid than I expected and the fictional Avonea and it's occupants have  come alive for me as never before. 

I couldn't wait to color this darling Mo Manning Anne of Green Gables digi when I returned home.   I knew she needed to be nestled under one of her beloved cherry blossom trees, so I kept it simple with a tree I sized and cut in Cricut Design Space.  I added  a few pretty pink  blossoms to make it bloom. I also cut the frame in  Design Space and lined it with a gold leafing pen. Although Anne's orphan clothes were obviously not as bright and cheerful as the ones I colored for her, I couldn't resist making her sparkle like she does in  her books. 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy 

Playing along with:
        Mod Squad Challenge
        Retarte Challenge 126
        Coloring in Scrapland



15 comments:

  1. Adorable image. Love the dimension you got it.
    Thanks for joining us at Retarte Challenge. We would like you to participate with us in the next challenges.
    Maria Pilar DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, this is just so sweet! Thanks for sharing at the PIP Challenges this week! kReN@afourthlife

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your post. My daughter has all the Anne of Green Gables books and loved them as a child. Your trip sounds awesome. I loved your idea of listening to the books en route.

    Your card is beautiful. You really captured Anne. Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card. You coloured the image to perfection. I used to live on PEI and visited all the Ann sites before they became so touristy. It sounds like you had a beautiful time and I'm so happy. I'm living in Ontario, Canada, now and made it back to PEI last year after 20 years away. It was enjoyable to read your post today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I love your card. Thank you for joining us at Retarte of Stampartpapel. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Norma DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card!!!Thank you for joining us at Retarte of Stampartpapel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous card.So cheerful with beautiful colors and stunning coloring...Thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY challenge this week,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your adorable card with us at Through The Craft Room Door, such great dimension and fun colors

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Colour Crazy Challenge this week. Lovely to hear about your trip to the museum and why you purchased this image. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Colour Crazy Challenge Design Team Member).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is just beautiful. I love the image and fondly remember watching in my youth on the TV. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Digichooseday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and cooling, loved reading the story. thanks for joining in Colour crazy craft challenge, good luck with your entry, hugs Lynsey DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card love the cute beautifully coloured image and her cherry blossom tree-sounds like the trip of a lifetime.Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy
    Carol GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Card, I love the colouring, the dress looks amazing. Thank you for sharing with us at Polkadoodle Crafting Challenge, do join us again, and good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am going to have to take this little trip one day.. I love "Anne of Green Gables " books. Always have and always will. I am a huge fan to say the least.. I am lovin your card as well. You have captured Anne so beautifully.. Thanks for playing along with us this fortnight at Colour Crazy Challenge. AJ DT CCC

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card!!! Happy New Year!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Corrosive challenge blog.
    Ana Isabel DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete