Friday, October 12, 2018

Prima Carina Sugar Skull - Copic Markers and Spellbinders

"Our family is the focus of our greatest work and joy in this life; so will it be throughout all eternity."  Russell M. Nelson




When I saw this beautiful Sugar Skull stamp from Prima Marketing, I knew I had to have it.  My fascination with sugar skulls has been growing exponentially for the past few years.  I'm pretty sure it started with  the  dazzling young ladies dressed up in full sugar skull regalia at the Lahaina Halloween party a few years ago. I was memorized by the beauty of  their vivid traditional costumes.  Some of my friends suggested  I watch the sweet movie "Coco" and I was charmed and bewitched. I'm a family history and genealogy enthusiast and volunteer weekly at our local Family History Library helping others learn about their ancestors. I love the heartwarming Day of the Dead tradition of gathering with family and friends to pray for and remember loved ones who have died  and  help support their spiritual journey.

This very large 5 x 7 inch stamp leaves little room for embellishments on a card but when colored with bright copic hues it doesn't need much else.  I wanted Carina to have a backdrop as glamorous as she is so I chose this intricate Spellbinders frame as her backdrop.  Photography never does the gold card stock justice, but I love the elegant shine in real life. The sentiment that comes with this image is so perfect, I just had to squish it somehow on the front of my card.  Somehow everything seemed to come together in the end.

Don't you just love coloring images that speak to your heart?

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy


Playing along with:
        Time Out Challenge #120
        Aud Sentiments Challenge #214
        Patties Creation Challenge #151
        Addicted to Stamps Challenge #313
        Scrapy Land Challenge #99
        Papercraft Challenge #22
        Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #413
        Stinkin Inkers Challenge - The Eyes Have it






 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I like your coloring.
    Thanks for joining us at Papercraft Challenges.
    Good luck!! Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bright colors. Beautiful layout and sentiment. Thanks for joining the Stinkin' Inkers challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is one stunning card, full of such vibrant colours and coloured to perfection. Layering it onto this gold die really was a great combo to choose. Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great image and love your colouring. Thanks for
    joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the coloring on the image and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    Monica- DT
    https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So bright and vibrant, Nancy ... and so wonderfully coloured ... with fabulous detailing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so nice! I love your coloring! It goes perfect with our current challenge “Halloween or Autumn” at Patties Creations Design Challenge. Thanks for joining us…
    Pattie
    Artist and Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card
    Thx for joining Aud Sentiments challenge

    ReplyDelete