Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Celebrate the Joy of the Season - Lori Whitlock 3-D Snowman SVG

Snowman Wisdom: Stand tall, be cool, accessorize, smile, make people happy just by being you, go outside, things will all turn out if you just stick together. 


Lori Whitlock svg, dotted and glitter Bazzill card stock, Nuvo Drops, rhinetones, 
Merry Christmas, everyone.

A cheerful wintry snowman scene seemed like the perfect way to wish my loved ones Merry Christmas this year.  It's  about 60 degrees outside right now in sunny California so conjuring up a white Christmas in my craft room is a fun way to get in the spirit.

I made about thirty of these cards, so I needed them to be less labor intensive than my usual cards, but I wanted them to also reflect the love and care I spent making them.  I chose this cute Lori Whitlock svg and cut the layers out on my Cricut Explore Air. I created dimension be alternating dotted and glitter Bazzill card stock for the sky, snow and card front.  The smaller pieces like the nose and holly were cut out on plain white cardstock so I could easily color them with my Copics.  This is so much faster and easier. Why didn't I think of this earlier?

The shiny black eyes and buttons on my snowman are black Nuvo drops.  I added rhinestones to the centers of my snowflakes for sparkly dimension.


A little sprig of pine and a rhinestone embellish the die cut inside message.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:


10 comments:

  1. Sweet christmas card, Nancy ! I like your layout and also the snowflakes are a great touch.

    Thanks for joining our Christmas Challenge @ Little Red Wagon. Hope to see you back again soon and i wish you a Merry Christmas.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautifully you've put this together. I love the touch of glitter on the snowflakes and how you've used a trad colour palette for a fun and modern card. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for our Challenge! So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @AFC

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snowman is too cute. This is a well done card.
    thank you for joining MIUCB challenge.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, this is such a pretty wintry card...perfect in every way! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome! I sure do like that frame with flourish around the snowman. Thank you for joining our “Happy Holidays” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there. Cute Snowman card. Much easier and faster than your normal cards and this took time too. I know. And I love how Nuvo drops perk up that depth and make that snowman cuter.

    So glad you entered the Die Cut Divas' challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for showing us your wonderful card at BBTB2, good luck in all your challenges!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love your cute card!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card love the colors!!!thanks for joining us at tha Always Fun Challenges!!

    Waleska Owner

    ReplyDelete