Friday, December 28, 2018

Machine Appliqued Lion Bib and Giraffe Self Binding Receiving Blanket




My friend was blessed to receive a very special late Christmas gift this year.  Just two days after Christmas, her daughter gave birth to an adorable baby boy, who joins three very jubilant siblings. I always keep a few of my machine appliqued baby bibs and blankets on hand for these joyful events because they happen so often!  If riding in a one-horse open sleigh is fun, then making these bibs and blankets must be a close second.  There is a huge variety of darling digital embroidery patterns on the internet so personalizing is a snap. Immediate downloading is also a perk.  Etsy is my favorite place to shop for baby embroidery files because the many and varied sellers offer the cutest original digital files and so far they have all stitched up beautifully. The cute little lion on this handmade patchwork bib was very simple and fun to stitch. You can check out some others I have created and the directions for them  here and here.


I always add an absorbent terry cloth backing and easy to use snaps on my handmade bibs.



Also waiting in my stash for this sweet little guy to cuddle in was this colorful giraffe receiving blanket  


Here are some good instructions on how to create this flannel self binding blanket.

And, of course, a matching card.  

Can't wait to bundle my handmade love in a bright package and go visit this little cutey and his  happy, relieved mom.  

Happy New Year, Everyone.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy







No comments:

Post a Comment