Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Stampendous Christmas Card - Laurel Burch and Copics



Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me.  



Hey there,

Laurel Burch and Copic markers go together like Christmas cookies and hot chocolate, don't you think?  It was a delight coloring this sweet little cat and dog duo from Stampendous in vivid colors (ala Laurel Burch) for the focal point of a Christmas card I recently created for my besties. I thought this cute, cuddly image fit well  with my message of "peace on earth."  I used a Lori Whitlock svg for my side step base, cut coordinating mats for the card front and stairs, and sized it to my favorite 5 x 7.  

The "PEACE ON EARTH" letters were a snap to weld to the separate card mats in Cricut Design Space and provided stability and precision when I glued the glossy red letters on top. I cut a few pine sprigs for embellishments to fit the steps and added Christmas Red Stickles for berries. My  handy go-to Nuvo drops worked perfectly on the  spots and fringe to add a little texture and shine. 

One note of caution, though. Glue and glossy card stock don't make the best marriage.  Even the smallest amount of  glue shows on the card stock and it's hard to clean up or disguise.  I used a small alcholol wipe for clean ups, but it removed some of the color on the cardstock in some areas.  A little glossy card stock goes a long way...something to remember in the future!

Side step cards leave a lot of  fabulous "real estate" for imagining and creating.  I definitely need to design cards with this versatile base more often.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining our challenge at Moving Along with the Times. Your project is wonderful, and I just wanted to wish you the best of luck! – DT Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so delightful! These two look great sitting amongst the gold and their vivid color is absolutely perfect! Just wonderful for our challenge at Path of Positivity; thanks for sharing with us! Happy Holidays! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome card. I have loved Laurel for years. I'd love to buy some of her stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth. I have quite a collection of Laurel stamps and they are so fun to color. Stampendous has a chart with copic colors that coincide with Laurel Burch's bright pallet and it helps to get her vivid look. I didn't use it on this card, though, because I was trying to be Christmas-y. xo

      Delete
  4. Very colorful and festive card. Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck. Debi DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring and it fits perfect on your side step card. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the bold bright colours, thanks for playing at paper nest dolls challenge blog, good luck with your entry, Lynsey DT XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful card .
    Thank you for joining us at The Paper Nest Dolls Challenges
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely card. Please remember to include our challenge graphic in your blog post, as per our rules. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT (PS, sorry for how long it's taken me to comment. Life got a bit crazy!)

    ReplyDelete