Monday, December 31, 2018

Conie Fong Garden Fairy - Kit and Clowder Copic Class

Fairies dance and tell secrets at the bottom of the garden. 


Copic markers, Conie Fong digi, Cricut Design Space frame, pink cardstock, gold metallic cardstock,
daisy embellishment, swirl punch

Hey everyone,

I'm hoping for a little magical fairy dust in 2019; how about you? It's sometimes intimidating to create a card for my amazingly talented artist friend's January birthday, so I usually spend some extra time coloring an image with my copics and fretting a little over the design  But I never worry if she'll like it because she's always so supportive and generous with her praise...like a true artist.  I decided  this sweet Conie Fong garden fairy that I colored for my December monthly Kit and Clowder class would work very nicely for her card. The coloring was a little more challenging on this smaller 4 x 6 canvas because I sized it to fit the front of a 5 x 7 card, allowing room for a frame.  The background also took up some card real estate, but I always love it when our teacher, Alyce Keegan, adds a background to the image because it adds so much depth and really stretches my coloring skills.

The images Alyce chooses for her classes are lovely and can stand on their own when colored, but I usually prefer to make them into cards to send to special people who will appreciate the hours of work I put into them.  I looked through all my beautiful fancy die cut frames and realized they were much too ornate for this detailed image.  Once again, my Cricut was the answer.  I found this simple frame in Cricut Design Studio, sized it to fit my image perfectly and cut it out in pink, with a small metallic gold edging.  Its simplicity keeps the beautiful forest scene in focus.  I added a little daisy embellishment and metallic gold swirl to one corner to mirror the daisies in my image and the gold on the frame.

Why did I ever imagine I was getting tired of fairies?  They're so delightfully whimsical and they're always there to lift us when we're down.  I'm a believer.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:
        Water Cooler Wednesday Challenge #201

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute little fairy in her garden - and beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is stunning! I love the way you colored your fairy... especially her hair! I love the background too! Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome with such a sweet, whimsical fantasy style. Lovely! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm so grateful for your participation in our challenges, and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your talents with us. I hope to see lots more of your wonderful creations in 2019.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I haven't yet tacked this class, but you have definitely inspired me. I'm sure your friend will LOVE it! Wishing you a Happy New Year and hoping you will continue to share your lovely projects with us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing post, I enjoyed reading it.
    Your blog looks lovely, dear!
    Happy New Year, lots of love to you!

    Following you, would you like to follow me back?
    My blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful coloring on this sweet little fairy - love it. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete