Saturday, March 16, 2019

Click Those Ruby Stilettos, Girlie - Dreaming Tree SVG

Dreaming Tree svg, red glitter paper, aqua patterned foil paper, silver glossy card stock, silver leafing pen, word generated sentiment, embossing folder, rhinestones

Hey there,

It's been a hectic tax season for our business this year but the thoughts of a trip to Spain this fall have kept my hubby and I "perky."  One thing that keeps me sane after a hard day's work is staring vacantly at craft videos on YouTube.  Amazingly, a lot seems to sink in, even when I'm in this vegetative state.  I perked up when I saw this adorable high heel card on a Dreaming Tree video and knew I had to have it.  When I visited the site to purchase the svg, I was amazed and thrilled to see it was a freebie.  I know...how is that possible?  Beware if you go there, though.  Now I want to buy everything on their incredible site.  Not an advertisement, just a friendly warning.

The next day I immediately downloaded the file into Cricut Design Space and it cut beautifully.  I resized it to 5 x 7 and had a delightful time making it my own. I added shimmer and shine with red glitter card stock, aqua foil paper and silver glossy card stock framing the sentiment. I dry embossed the back panel and edged it with a silver leafing pen. I used the same pen to edge my flowers and added fancy rhinestones to the centers. I think my ruby slipper ala Dorothy is perfect for a springy Easter card but the sentiment I chose to accompany my sparkling red stiletto can also send words of encouragement to any girlfriend who needs a little lift. Now if I could just click my heels and end up in Spain! 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:
        Love to Craft Challenge #32 - ATG

15 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Nancy! I love all the detail you have added to the shoe.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at CMHC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and sparkly card! Great sentiment with that ruby slipper! Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Choosday! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty - love the sparkle. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card. Certainly brought back memories of watching The Wizard of Oz. I love the bright colors and how you shaped the embossed pink paper to match the angle of the shoe. Very pretty!

    Thanks for joining us for our Cut it Up for our Welcome Spring challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh!!! Love all the sparkles and that super cute high heels file. Thanks for joining us this month at Creations in Pink, we hope to see you again next time. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a stunning card! I love it
    Thanks for playing along with us!
    Ana Isabel Owner and DT Coordinator at Corrosive Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card! That glittery high heal is wonderful! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fancy shoe and love the embossed background and great sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - love this super fancy shoe!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oolala....very classy!!! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous shoe card. Thanks for playing along at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your fantastic project with us in the Love To Craft Challenge Blog's March "Anything Goes" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, LTCCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete