Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Spring is in the Hair - Prima Princess in Copics

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.



When it comes to copic coloring, flowers and lovely ladies are definitely my faves.  Coloring the image is the fun part for me but turning it into a card with a frame and embellishments gets tricky. I  always want my hand colored image to be the star of the show. For this card I took a cue from my quilts and decided bright against white always looks clean and pretty.  This lacy white frame is fancy enough for my girly tastes, yet subtle enough to let my image shine  I chose my Spellbinders frame before I colored this Prima Princess stamp because the size couldn't be manipulated on the computer like a digi. Some of my lady had to be cut away to fit my 5 x 7 card but I think the frame suits her  well.

It's a little amusing that every time I start to color a face image with my copics, I feel like I've never colored one before. Even with all my practice, the skin and hair still intimidate me.  Things usually turn out okay, but I always feel like it's magic and a bit of luck.  I'll just keep practicing until it seems more natural to me.

I used a gold pen to line the image panel and the frame. I added some pearls to the corners and sat on my hands so I wouldn't add any more bling.  This enchanting princess steals the show on her own and she asked me to please let her shine. I told her she needed her lace shawl because she's sleeveless.  Yes, occasionally my art work speaks to me...and yes, I always answer back.  

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy 

Playing along with:
        


8 comments:

  1. She is beautiful, Nancy! I am glad you listened and let her shine for she sure does.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW....this is one stunning creation! Your coloring is over the top amazing! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous image and such a wonderful diecut frame!
    Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack!
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like and appreciate your post.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is gorgeous and your coloring is amazing!! I agree with you that the fun part is the coloring and making it into a card is the tricky part. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot to add, if you're interested in joining our team, we're having a design team call. You can read all about it here: http://www.scrapyland-blog.com/2019/03/scrapy-land-design-team-call-2019.html. Thanks again for sharing your amazing project with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge #109.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful!! I love the image and the colors!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete