Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Jeanne's Dragonfly Garden - Another Tag-Shaped Card for a Julie Nutting Doll

The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common.    
(R.W. Emerson)


I had such a delightful time coloring my last Julie Nutting Doll, I decided to try another chic little gal with a little different tag design.   I found a card in Cricut Design Studio  that  opens like this tag card I posted earlier but has more of an actual tag shape on the inside with an opening for ribbon embellishments.  I sized it to 4 1/4 x 9 1/4, a little larger than my usual cards, but  I'll have no problem making a custom envelope for it in Design Studio.  I stamped  Jeanne's face with a Peachy Keen stamp and colored her skin and face with copics. I really love her adorable smile!  Her dress is pieced  with designer paper and lightly shaded with copics.  I die cut a flower garland with cream card stock to add dimension to the background and colored the leaves with copics and Prismacolor pencils. I created .3-D flowers with a coordinating die to embellish the garland. and added a vellum and rhinestone dragonfly.  I used Nuvo drops for the flower centers. The collage background and card lining are cut with designer paper.


I love this card design because I was able to add some pretty ribbon and a pearl brad to garnish the tag opening.  The front panel is edged with a gold leafing pen and the edge of the card is sponged with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink. 

It's a tag.  It's a card.  It's happy mail for one of my favorite people.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:
        Always Fun Challenge #105
        Dream Valley Challenge #199
        Crafty Hazelnut Patterned Paper Challenge - April 2019
        Daisy Chain Challenge #29

9 comments:

  1. Very nice tag! Love the Julie Nutting dolls, nicely colored. Thanks for joining us at Craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is just gorgeous, Nancy! I love the tag card and all the embellishments that you have added here to highlight her so beautifully. Great happy mail.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag card is fabulous! It is colored perfectly and I love the coordinating ribbon and embellishments! Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Crafty Creations Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful is this card!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Always Fun Challenges blog.

    Waleska Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tag ! Stunning work with this great design and your amazing colouring. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is such a beautiful tag! I love the quotation by Emerson, too, so inspiring! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning tag card! Your colouring is fabulous.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Rijacki

    TTCRD DT
    Rijacki's Workshop
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing with us at Daisy Chain Challenge, hope to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete