Thursday, April 4, 2019

Welcome Spring - Penny Black Easter Cuties

“That is one good thing about this world...there are always sure to be more springs.” L.M. Montgomery,  Anne of Avonlea



Penny Black Stamp, copic markers, Spellbinders border die, Cricut cutting, rhinestones, gold leafing pen

Five birthday cards and an Easter card are waiting anxiously in my craft room  to make their debut on this blog, but, as usual,  they'll have to wait until after I deliver them in person to my recipients. No sneak peaks...it's a Nancy rule. That means I have to wait until almost Easter, two weeks away, and then I can post them all at once!  What should I do in the meantime, I asked my self.  It seems like forever since I  created a card just for the fun of it, with no recipient or occasion in mind.  While my mind was occupied with this delightful, relaxing thought,  I heard these stylish little Penny Black ladies calling to me from some dusty shelves.  Some of my original Penny Black images are very old in stamp years but still remain among my faves  These chic little girls bring back such fond memories of Easter Sundays past when all the ladies I knew dressed for church in brand new frilly spring dresses, hats, shoes and gloves.  Sometimes it was still snowing, but those white sandals and patent leather shoes weathered the storm.

 I chose a pop out oval card base and some bright spring hues to update these ageless beauties a bit.  Originally, I put a yellow panel behind them thinking it would be bright and sunshiny, but it just didn't seem to work.  Then I tried a green embossed panel and I wasn't sold either.  I knew a bright sky blue panel always looks great, so I went with that.  Then I noticed my embossed green panel still sitting on my work space. Don't you love when serendipity happens?  I cut a slice of it for grass!  Instant scenery.  I cut the card base and layers on my Cricut and used the writing feature to create the sentiment.  The pretty lacy Spellbinder border is from my stash and I colored the clear rhinestones blue to match my copic coloring. I used my signature gold leaf pen edging to add the finishing touch.

There.  Now I feel better that I have something bright and springy to post while waiting for my birthday and Easter cards to become relevant.  Spring is in the air on this sunny day here in California. Hope you're day is lovely too.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous

Nancy

Playing along with:
        Sunday Stamps Challenge #201 - Easter Hues
        Crafty Creations Challenge #387 - ATG
        Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #188 - Spring is Here
        Scrapy Land Challenge #111
        Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #215 - Feminine
        Avenue 613 Create Challenge #219 - Kinetic Card
        Lemon Shortbread Challenge #90 - ATG
        Crafting From the Heart Challenge #240 - ATG
        The Sisterhood of Crafters - Let's Celebrate Spring
        Penny Black and Friends Saturday March Challenge



13 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! I love the sweet image!! The design is creative and fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    Your card is stunning ... beautifully coloured... pretty colours....
    Thanks for joining us at PBSC
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous spring card, Nancy! Beautiful coloring of the three little ladies, too! Is the oval card a Cricut design? I like your composition of sky and grass. It really works! The lacy cutouts are so pretty! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your sweet encouragement, Donna. I used this svg: http://shop.loriwhitlock.com/pop-out-card-rounded/ and sized it to 5 1/2 x 6. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING card! Your coloring is incredible!! Love it! Thank you so much for playing with my Spring challenge at the Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge and hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is FABULOUS! Beautiful coloring on these sweet ladies and your fancy fold makes it even more special! Great job Nancy! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Celebrate Spring’ challenge. Please come back again soon and Good Luck!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card, Nancy. I am glad that the inspiration struck you for it while you are waiting on the others. I remember those days too when every one got dressed up for the special church days. Sad that a lot of that has been lost.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Great coloring on the image and a very nicely composed project! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog
    A Place To Start Challenge Blog https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card design Love the diecuts , the image and colouring .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Lovely card. Thank you for sharing your work with us at Crafting From the Heart.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Nancy! I just love those gorgeous Penny Black girls! PB are always a winner with me! Super card showcases them wonderfully! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very delightful - love this image. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete