Sunday, June 16, 2019

Father's Day Card - Dreaming Tree SVG and Cricut



Happy Father's Day, friends, 

Guy cards...why are they always such a challenge?  For me, I think it's because it's hard to curb my fancy girlie urge to over embellish.  Although I really love clean and simple cards, they're just not my style. So when I saw this fun SVG in Dreaming Tree, I knew it was a Father's Day card I could wrap my fussy fingers around.  It's bright and cheery but still manly enough for me to get away with.


The SVG had all the parts and was easy  to cut on my Cricut and assemble.  It had a clever shutter mechanism on the inside that opened to reveal the photograph.  It seemed simple enough but I decided to skip it and just glue my picture under the frame.  It was much easier and the impact was only a little less dramatic.  It actually looks a little cleaner this way so I used that as my excuse for not using the extra parts. 

I love the cute belly band with the bow tie that holds the card closed.  I really think the whole design is adorable (though manly, of course).  Thank heavens for people who can design guy cards so those of us who are "masculine card challenged" can make cards for the men in our lives  without having to ruminate about it.  I saw lots of  really fun cards for guys on the Dreaming Tree site so, thankfully,  I think I'm covered for a while. 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:
        Avenue 613 Create Challenge #222
        Dragonfly Dreams Challenge - Man/Boy
        Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #108
        A Gem of a Challenge Wk11
        Crafty Calendar June Challenge - Masculine
        QKR Stampede Challenge 352
        Through the Purple Haze Challenge #157
        Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #193
        Cardz 4 Guys Challenge #221
        Die Cuttin' Diva's Challenge #424

     

9 comments:

  1. Your card is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Fun Card!!! I hope he loved it! Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fun fathers day card-love the shaped gatefold and the bow tie wrap.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card - thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderfully fun card ! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a really good find! I love it, sort of simple and yet artsy.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card. Thank you for playing along with us at QKR Stampede.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card, very clever - love the bow tie wrap. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card for father's day - it is fun, creative and personalized inside - Perfect!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Dragonfly Dreams challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete