Saturday, June 8, 2019

Coloriscious Hummingbird in Copics- Kit and Clowder May Class

Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you.
John De Paola

Copics, white gel pen, gold leafing pen, corner dies, Power Poppy Hummingbird digi, 

I chose to color the lined version of this beautiful Power Poppy digi in Alyce Keegan's copic coloring class this month, even though she suggested we go for the no-line image.  I've experienced some problems with no-line coloring in the past, and I think I'm just afraid to take off my training wheels.  Alyce goes through the coloring step-by-step in her classes and once I got started, I was sorry I didn't go for no lines. It was actually less forgiving shading with the black lines but I kept with it and in the end I liked how it turned out.  I'll be braver coloring sans lines next time because I got some good practice shading this one.


I decided to make a card for one of my friends who would appreciate the gorgeous hummingbird and  flowers on this image.  I wanted my image to take center stage, but I also wanted it to have some texture and depth.  In the middle of the night, I got the idea to raise the focal images with mounting tape.  I had to fussy cut very carefully but  I really like the result.  (It shows up much better in person.)  I lined the front panel with a gold leafing pen  and tucked  a couple of gold fancy corners underneath the raised main panel.  I really love the colors Alyce picked for this image.  Bright and vibrant and just my style!

Thanks for visiting,
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy
        Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #64
        Color It! Create it! Show it Off! June Challenge
        Creative Craft Cottage Challenge #119
        CCC Digi Creations Challenge #104
        Alphabet Challenge - F is for Flowers
        Creative Fingers Challenge # 65
        Crafting With An Attitude - Challenge #52
        Time Out Challenges - Nature
        Moo-Mania & More
        Rainbow Card Challenge #6

15 comments:

  1. This card is stunning! Your coloring is perfectly done and gorgeous!! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. This card is absolutely STUNNING! Your coloring is AMAZING--and the detail is phenomenal! I hope you link this up with us at The Rainbow Card Challenge! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge! I hope you join us again soon! :) Mynn xx

      Delete
  3. A stunningly beautiful card. I love all those bright tropical colours. Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge. Sian (DT).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful, love it

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is simply brilliant! Gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining Moo Mania & More! Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful hummingbird. All of the coloring is wonderful. Thanks for playing at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge. I wish you the best of luck. Come back again.
    Happy Crafting.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did such an amazing job with this Nancy! I admired it on Facebook already, but it is so nice to see it here too.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing our challenge at CCC Digi Creations. Good luck!
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow such a stunning card! It's so beautiful!!! Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is incredibly gorgeous. Your coloring is superb, the image is amazing, and I love that bit of inking around the edges. Thank you for sharing this beauty with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Wow! Wow! Your coloring is absolutely incredible! Beautiful!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm delighted to say you got Honours at Time Out with this stunning, beautifully coloured delight, Nancy ... there's an Honours badge waiting for you at Time Out! Congratulations ... we look forward to seeing your fantastic designs again in future challenges! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous! You did a phenomenal job coloring Power Poppy's very detailed images. So glad you shared this beauty with us at The Rainbow Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete