Saturday, June 29, 2019

A Dress For All Occasions - Dreaming Tree Darling Dress SVG

Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.
Guillaume Apollinaire

Dreaming Tree SVG, Circuit, Sizzix layered sentiments and dies, DP paper pad, rhinestones, satin bow,
 gold and silver leafing pen

Hey friends,

I've seen this darling dress card everywhere on the Dreaming Tree Face Book page and now I know what all the fuss is about. This design is so clever and fun to cut and assemble, it seems no one can make just one card. I couldn't wait to download the SVG from the Dreaming Tree Website, dust off an older 12 x 12 scrapbook paper pad and go to town cutting bright bold prints for this super snazzy dress on my Cricut Explore Air 2.  Before I knew it, I had whipped up  nine cards in a flash.

These fancy frocks were delightful to embellish with satin bows, pearls and rhinestone jewelry. I was congratulating myself for creating such a hefty stockpile of  generic cards when I realized I would be mailing at least five of them right away...three to friends I haven't checked in with for a while, one to my dear friend who has just finished radiation treatment for cancer and another young lady who is undergoing surgery for thyroid cancer as I write this post. I'm so glad my creative outlet affords me such a personal way to express my love and concern to my friends.  



I'll still have a few left for thank you's, and birthdays, but I'll have get busy designing more of these chic dresses using different patterns and embellies. SO MUCH FUN!

I have this pattern all set up in Cricut Design Space so I can whip up a batch in no time, just  like baking cookies...only much more fun  (and kinder to the hips.) 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:

        Crafty Catz Challenge #468
        Daring Cardmakers - Cut It Up
        Aud Sentiments Challenge #230
        CardZ 4 Galz - Challenge #99 - Favorite Color Combo
        Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #194
        The Sisterhood of Crafters - Any Occasion
        Paper Craft Crew Challenge #342
     

13 comments:

  1. O-M-G! These are AMAZING and just beautiful! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are cool love your dp choice. Thanks for sharing at CC this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see a Dreaming Tree file used for our Crafty Gals Corner Challenge. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana Forrest

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous dp for this classy card thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great collection of cards - certainly worth you downloading the svg file - thank you for joining us at Cardz4Galz. :) Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect use for some of our old 12 x 12 papers! Thank you for sharing with the Paper Craft Crew this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how fab are these?
    Thanks for using some of your lovely patterned paper stash and joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous way to use up your papers. These dress are so cute. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are very beautiful and great to use up your paper scraps. Thanks for sharing your lovely cards with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, way to become a dress designer, Nancy! What gorgeous cards and that is such a stylish and versatile design.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are lovely Nancy! I am sorry you have so many that you have to send for friends that are not well, but sending personal greetings is such a blessing to both the receiver and the sender.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a little late to the party but wanted to thank you for sharing your amazing project with us in the Crafty Catz 'Anything Goes' challenge! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete