Friday, July 5, 2019

Appliqued Bib and Burp Cloth Sets

“If I am thinking correctly,” said Pooh, “a new baby is probably, 
undoubtedly the grandest gift that could ever be.”








Hey Friends,

I've been extremely delighted about my hubby's pastrami passion for the past few months, because it means we get to go to my favorite sandwich hangout, La Bou, at least once a week.  A darling sweet young server there has taken a liking to us...well, mostly my pastrami-obsessed husband... and makes sure we always get the best service, complete with bucket loads of meat on our sandwiches.  She has even been known to push other servers out of the way so she can make our sandwiches the "right" way.

During our last visit, we noticed she might be a little pregnant.  Apparently she has been hiding it well for the past few months because she had the audacity to announce she would be going on maternity leave the very next day. How dare she!!! We said our sad goodbyes and managed to keep our despair in check until we got to our car.


When we regained our composure, we decided we wanted to give her a little gift to tell her how much we have appreciated her kind indulgence, and I knew I had some fun handmade baby items left over from my Etsy shop days.  It's nice to have my own little store to shop in when I need a small baby gift. I tucked  the bee set into a fancy bag along with a matching card and we presented it to her the next day.

 A few years ago, I bought several adorable applique images from Etsy to make these sets. I had such a good time embroidering them on my pieced bibs and burp cloths. You can see some other bibs herehere, and here  with a little more detail on earlier blogs.  I don't think I''ll be making these exact same sets again because I have some fabulous  new Accuquilt dies  that will make cutting the patterns so much simpler.  I wanted to immortalize these on my blog before they find homes with some adorable little droolers in the near future.

Our server friend is having a little girl so I hope she thinks of us when she puts the  bib on her sweet little one.  And, selfishly, I hope she comes back soon because we're sure going to miss her smile and her awesome sandwich making skills. But for now, I'm content thinking of a sweet little cheek on my lovingly handmade burp cloth.

Thanks for visiting,
Go forth and kiss a baby cheek.
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. They are lovely, Nancy! Embroidery is, next to papercrafting, such a fun project.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete